New
Find
Notify
Tools

New East Texas Hunting Place
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have 60 acres in East Tx that my boys and I use for camping, hunting, and also have timber growing.
Always felt that a slightly larger parcel would be nice.
This morning I shook hands on buying a 204 acre place that is near my other property.
My son met me at the place we were interested in, and we toured the property with a forester and real estate lady.
Property is about 2,000 feet wide in most areas (some a lot more) by over a mile long (N to South). Already has some good timber growing and even now with the area in a 100+ year draught it has a couple of natural springs with flowing water.
After touring the property, my very conservative son said "I rarely get excited enough to say that a for-Sale place is a perfect place, but I am saying it now!".
We agreed on a deal this morning.
The property has a variety of deer habitat, it's share of ferrule hogs, beaver, and all the other East Texas critters.
Only downside we can immagine is the work to keep all the paths mowed. Oh, I forgot to mention that it has 4-wheeler paths on it's perimeter and through it's core areas.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds good. If you need some help with it, let me know. Smiler

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing like having your own place.Sounds like you got an excellent one,congrats!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Congrats, it will be a lot of work, but you and your boys will enjoy the fruits of your labor for years to come. Good luck to you.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote