Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Florida Alligator hunt, info need
 Login/Join

posted
I'm going to be in Florida around Christmas this year and was hoping to go on an alligator hunt. I know most of them are a 1 day only type of deal. Was hoping to find an outfit that is relatively close to where I will be staying, Port Charlotte. Looking for any ideas on outfits, etc that I could contact. Something in the Sarasota, Port Charlotte, Fort Myers area...within a couple of hours of Port Charlotte. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I don't know about FL specifically, but in Louisiana, alligator season is basically Sept. only. Also, as they are reptiles, they aren't very active at all in winter (not trying to be a smart a$$, just pointing out). Good luck.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am not sure where ft Myers is but I used don hampton of h and h guided serviced. Shot an 11.5 footer. It was first class all the way.
He's an hour south of Orlando.
Good luck
WSmiler

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look up on the internet, www.razzorranch.com they offer alligator and various other hunts. Hog etc. They are out of Wauchula which is less than an hour from Port Charlotte. They are also on Facebook.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmm, I'm going to be in Orlando for a week in October and this has sparked my interest!

Posts: 1427 | Location: Shelton, CT | Registered: 22 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
Mike Tussey out of Naples at Osceola Outfitters is great. They killed 4 big gators in one day this weekend - biggest over 11'. I have known Mike forever and he will do you right. Naples is less than 1/2 hour from Ft Myers...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Hey Dan,

Have a good friend who is a taxidermist down in Fla. He had put Whitworth in touch with a hog hunting outfitter a few years back. I am sure he could give you a few names for gator guides. He is a really super nice guy.
Mike McKinley : 850-956-2175
Tell him Mary and Chris Krueger sent you.

Just finishing an 11+' gator rug. I'll PM you some pictures when I get it done. Smiler

Kind regards,
Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Florida's alligator sport season opens statewide Aug. 15, and closes Nov. 1.