Notify
Tools

French Hunter!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Hunter cuts off power to 1 200 homes

October 02 2002 at 03:48PM

Vire, France - A 31-year-old hunter trying out his marksmanship accidentally cut power to 1 200 country homes and killed a cow, said police in France's Normandy region on Wednesday.

The man, who had a valid hunter's permit, last weekend first tried to pick off crows sitting on a high-tension overhead powerline with four shots from his 12 calibre rifle.

Instead, he smashed four isolating hubs, cutting current to houses in the area for up to a hour.

He then decided to turn his skill to a line of plastic bottles set up near a road - without realising that a herd of cows was milling on the other side.

One of the animals was killed when he shot it in the head.

After the discovery of the dead cow, police tracked down the man, who admitted to his awry shooting.

He is to appear in court at a later date. - Sapa-AFP

Posts: 68789 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What's a "12 calibre rifle"? Are they trying to say 12 gauge, or did they mis-spell 22? - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The French press, often prints 12 milimeters instead of 12 gauge, but I guess he must have been shooting slugs. By the way I am Dutch...

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look like the Germans have anything to worry about for awhile. [Wink]

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
quote:
It doesn't look like the Germans have anything to worry about for awhile.
ROFLMAO!

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bear Claw:
ROFLMAO!

Pardon my ignorance but what does that mean?

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mickey:
quote:
Originally posted by Bear Claw:
ROFLMAO!

Pardon my ignorance but what does that mean?
Rolling
On the
Floor
Laughing
My
A$$
Off

[ 10-05-2002, 08:26: Message edited by: Curtis_Lemay ]

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 8MM OR MORE
posted Hide Post
While my French ancestry may give me wiggle room to make a joke, I don't want my joke to look like approval of current events. Joke deleted.

[ 10-07-2002, 04:15: Message edited by: 8MM OR MORE ]

Posts: 1944 | Location: Moses Lake, WA | Registered: 06 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Kind of like public hunting areas over here on opening day...all the one day a year boys are out! [Eek!]

Bob [Cool]

[ 10-05-2002, 17:42: Message edited by: Bob in TX ]

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dan belisle:
What's a "12 calibre rifle"? Are they trying to say 12 gauge, or did they mis-spell 22? - Dan

i've heard of wildcat rilfe rounds as small as 10 caliber, but i'm guessing that's not the case here...no pun intended

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote