New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody want to go to Wing Haven
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Short notice, but my FIL can’t go with me to Wing Haven in KY this weekend because of his son’s health.

Any one want to come along? I pay for the 3rd gun’s birds. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. You pay the daily or whatever you want, I pick up the balance.

Let me know by Wednesday.

I know this is Bird Shooting, but more people look here.

Only down side, you have to meet me. Upside, you get to meet my wife.

Posts: 12256 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been taken up on this offer by a non member.

Posts: 12256 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heym, nice gesture.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
let us know how it is after you get back. not sure if i'll ever get to africa, hopefully will go west someday but thinking newfoundland moose & pheasants might be the ticket for me to aim to at some point

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are home folks. My stuff is half put away. I have guns to clean.

I also have a trial next month. I will do my best to get a report up on Saturday.

If anyone wants pictures pm an email or cell number I can send photis. We were too busy shooting to get a whole bunch of photos.

The body count is as follows:

First Day afternoon: 18 killed out of 27 flushed,
Second Day Morning: 13 killed out of 25 flushed (mostly my fault as a missed 5 that burst right at me and over my head),
Second Day afternoon: 24 killed out of 28 flushed (I even got a triple with a double. I also killed every bird that flushed toward me and over me this time),
Third Day morning: 27 killed and 31 flushed (I kept us from killing everyone one as the 4 that got away were mine to kill. I did kill the last 3 including a wonder 40 yard shot and an amazing woodcock like left to right crosser in s stand of Oak).