New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wy. Leftover Antelope ag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just received my antelope tag today for area 45. As I did not get in the first draw didn't know if I would be going to Wy. or not. This is my first hunt in the west and am looking foward to it to say the least. Will be doing a guided hunt with Davy Nacey with Monster Critters. Will be using a 7mm RM with Barnes 140 TXS. Any tips you guys have are welcome.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm in area 46 right next door, so welcome neighbor!

I shot two goats, two years ago with the 7 Mag, 140 grain TSX combination. Two shots, two dead antelope at 180 and 260 yards. Golf ball sized exit wounds both times and jello on the inside.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12603 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
I have hunted 45 several times & I think you will be quite pleased. The 7 Mag is a classic round and will do you proud. The only tips I have for you is do not take your meat to "Rainbow Grocery" to have it processed. I had a calf elk done there and they got my meat mixed up with someone elses. One packacge would taste good and one would taste gamey. Also if you can get the time give yourself an extra day or 2. See a little bit of the sights.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tips