New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best nplace to live to hunt?
 Login/Join

<TomA>
posted
Kalifornia, New York City, and Hawaii are out! The rest of you folks better leave the light on, because I may just be walking up to your front porch come hunting season. (I'm also a free-lance wildlife photographer, and there ain't no seasons for that). he more money I make the more I'm gonna travel, so watch for me!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good luck escaping the californicators.

Posts: 837 | Location: wyoming | Registered: 19 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess my place is OK. It must be if the hordes of hunters from up the valley are any indication! I am able to shoot (at) deer, elk, coyotes, cougars, turkeys, ducks, geese, and grouse, within shouting distance (or shooting distance) of the house. I can shoot handguns all I want because my driveway is long and graveled and my dogs are alert. I have a 300 meter range in the field.
Drawbacks? The deer eat the gardens. We seem to be in Packrat Central. Some neighbors have cows.
The only other places which are attractive to me are North Idaho (where we are from)and western Montana.
We have moved around a lot and my duaghter once said it was hard to know where home was. I told her that her home, like ours, was the Northwest. Just pick a spot. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ninja Hunter:
Ok i was just wondering where would be the best place to hunt and live in North America?[/QB]

ALASKA. [Razz] [Razz]

Posts: 2361 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

Well seeing how I am making this decision very soon and have no ties at all, and can go anywhere I want. I plan on Alaska, not ownly for the hunting and by the way best fishing around, but more room to get away.By the way CT,MA,NY,NJ and the rest in the area are the biggest police states in the country. Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ninja,

If you have to live east of the Mississippi and the best place strictly has to do with hunting, West Virginia should not be bad.

Got a lot of family there, and it has some good deer populations with big bucks and some good black bear hunting also from what I have seen.

If you have to be east, its not bad where you are at!!!
Hunting at least. But the best places to hunt in the West are not the best places to find a decent job tho. Don't let anyone fool you on that.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of gdupuis
posted Hide Post
Even if you hunt to live, don't you still have to respect the quota of animals bagged?

Posts: 91 | Location: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the best, but I can say that Southeast Florida is the worst I have seen.

Posts: 283 | Location: Florida | Registered: 12 August 2001Reply With Quote
<Gunnut45/454>
posted
Yep all you "out of staters" go to Texas-best hunting money can buy -If you have enough money that is? [Big Grin] [Eek!] [Big Grin] ID doesn't have anything to hunt except Taders and Wissel Pigs!! [Big Grin] So please don't come here and deprive us Idahian's are meger hunting oprotunities!!! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Some guy from Georgia tried telling me Harlem has some good hunting opportunities. I hear there is a rare animal called a Clinton there, that many americans would love to have mounted over the fireplace.

Evidently you don't need a hunting license in this Harlem place, as they don't issue any. Most people who carry guns don't need a license to carry them either from what I hear. They just shoot whatever they want. [Eek!] [Confused] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alaska,

in some areas, there is no limit on caribou, and tags are cheap or free in most cases, and we have the largest state, with the least roads, so you have a lot of areas that have hardly been disturbed.

Posts: 675 | Location: anchorage | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote