New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elk Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got back from a great Elk hunt in Steamboat Springs Colorado Check these guys out for your next hunt!!! www.backcountryoutfitter.net

one of us
posted Hide Post
congrats, mash!

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
We need details of the hunt

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hope to post some pics soon. but its an easy hunt, we start out 6am hunt till 9:30-10am and try to catch them heading back into the big timber from feeding. Then we go back out in the after noon and hunt till dark. I asked the outfitter what was up with that? why dont you hunt all day??. Its very simple if some one was to come into your bedroom every night and beat the @#$% out of you would you sleep there every night. So to keep that big heard of elk on the ranch you leave them alone during the day and they stay and feel safe. Going into the big timber to hunt them would be crazy. Its too dark and all you will do is send them over the next hill without seeing any of them. The ranch is 38000 acre's and is full of elk we had 6 guys we killed 5 bulls and lost a wounded one mine was the smallest 4x4 all the rest were 5x5's. we caught mine laying down in the scrub oak at 500yrds put on a 30min stalk and got within 225yrds and my 7mm mashburn with 140gr barnes TSX found its mark and the bull never moved. you should really check into this out fitter!! A little pricey but I might never go again, so my brother and i wanted to do it right just once. I hope I get the chance to go again I will hunt with this outfitter!!

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
If you need help hosting/resizing pictures you can email them to me

Archerlee@aol.com

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote