New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ranges around Colorado Springs
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Contacted Frontier Range to ask them for directions so I could visit their range and was told it was members only. I did submit an application to join in Feb but the gent I spoke to told me it would be at least a year before I could get in, assuming they had my application.

Any other decent ranges close by open to the public?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you don't mind the drive, Ft. Carson has one open to the public right across from the KOA on I-25.

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I'm a member of the Frontier Range and have a friend with a range behind his house east of Falcon. I've never had much reason to look for additional ranges, but I did find this Link.. Hope it helps!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lee Woiteshek:
If you don't mind the drive, Ft. Carson has one open to the public right across from the KOA on I-25.

Thanks, I usually do my grocery shopping at Ft Carson. Could you please tell me how to get to the range? Who to contact?

Appreciate the other comments as well. I really need to get out and do some shooting!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the little impromptu range still open up on the rampart range road NW of the Springs??? I've been gone since '96 but we used to drive up Rampart Range Road and there was a pull-off with a range setup on Forest Service land.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
That has been closed down for awhile due to the problems occurring there.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prof242:
That has been closed down for awhile due to the problems occurring there.

Also, did that area burn during the Waldo Canyon fire last year?

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe it is still perfectly legal to target shoot on any US Forest Service land. It doesn't have to be a designated 'range' but you need to abide by any littering laws (which should go without saying). I know a friend of mine looked into it years ago and got an answer directly from USFS, but it would probably be prudent to check into it again.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote