THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Fish and Wildlife to kill wolves seen in Jackson

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fish and Wildlife to kill wolves seen in Jackson
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
JACKSON — The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service plans to kill three or four wolves that have brazenly approached homes in Jackson in northwest Wyoming.

Wolf manager Mike Jimenez said there have been numerous sightings of wolves, beginning in late December, that show the animals have made residential areas part of their territory.

He said it appears the wolves are becoming habituated to people and houses.

Jimenez said U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service officials had considered relocating the animals, but decided against it because there aren't many places to relocate wolves.

He said killing the wolves won't have an adverse effect on Wyoming's wolf population.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I figured they'd probably come to that decision before one snatched a kid or God forbid a millionaire's poodle, LOL!

One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
I figured they'd probably come to that decision before one snatched a kid or God forbid a millionaire's poodle, LOL!

Perhaps the best thing that could happen would be to have a bunch of trophy wives watch a couple of wolves tear that poodle into assorted pieces. Hunters need more billionaires (I'm told they outnumber Jackson's millionaires) with their money and influence on our side.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He said it appears the wolves are becoming habituated to people and houses.

There's a surprise, I actually quite shocked. Eeker
Dripping sarcasm....

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He said killing the wolves won't have an adverse effect on Wyoming's wolf population.

They could kill 300 and it won't effect the Wyoming wolf population. Big Grin But it sure would help the Elk, Moose, Bighorn Sheep, Deer.. populations.

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I say relocate em to NYCs Central Park....

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The wolves have found out that catching and killing pets is a whole lot easier than chasing deer and elk. Let's welcome another apex predator to the food chain.

Next up in the deli line, kiddie at the bus stop. Its what's for dinner.

What, not in my back yard!

To quote from Don444, "Wolves suck."

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis

Posts: 2594 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So how does an agency remove wolves from a residential area? seems like a helicopter/buckshot job might not be prudent...

Andy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the wolves are wearing tracking collars,thou 1 of them doesn't work.
this "pair" of wolves are running together,and
they will track them down where a helo and buckshot would work.
the Fed has said they will "trank" them and then
put them down with a drug O.D.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yale:
The wolves have found out that catching and killing pets is a whole lot easier than chasing deer and elk. Let's welcome another apex predator to the food chain.

Next up in the deli line, kiddie at the bus stop. Its what's for dinner.

What, not in my back yard!

To quote from Don444, "Wolves suck."

Sincerely,

Chris Bemis
Yes sir, you're as right as you can be and it's true.... Wolves Suck!

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I wish they would come and shoot a few that have become habituated to being around my house (200'), or better yet, sell me a few more tags and I'll do it myself. I have had a lot of interest in another wolf BBQ!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote