THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    How hunts are supposed to go, Part 2.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How hunts are supposed to go, Part 2.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
After the little rodeo with the feral hog and getting it quartered and on ice, we took a short mid day break. We regrouped about 3:30 and headed back out south of town to the spot we had started out at that morning. We kept hearing a few gobbles coming from different directions, then about 5;45 just a little while before that feeder was set to go off, we had 3 hens come walking in, followed by this pilgrim.

He weighed 23 pounds, had 1 inch spurs and a 9 1/2 inch beard.

He cleaned up real nice after I stopped by my house and worked him over with the water hose. The feeder we were hunting at has a large mud hole under due
to the pigs wallowing after what rains we get. This is what he looked like after he stopped flopping around and I fished him out of the mud.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote