THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Hornady Interbond ammo---discontinued?????

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady Interbond ammo---discontinued?????
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

I called Midsouth today to order some Hornady Interbond ammunition because they are no longer on the midsouth website.
the lady on the phone told me they had "factory discontinued" in the system for the interbonds and they wouldnt be getting them anymore???
I dont know if that was hornady interbond ammunition only or bullets as well but it suprised me. I did a search for websites potentially selling hornady interbond ammo and couldnt find any.

Anyone know whats going on?

Posts: 315 | Location: SOUTHEAST USA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SKelly
posted Hide Post
I don't buy factory ammo so I don't keep up on it, but I found some at Wholesale Hunter.

http://www.wholesalehunter.com/product/hornady/HornadyAmmunition.htm

Posts: 31 | Location: Plains,MT | Registered: 16 October 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The .30 caliber 150gr. Interbond is still on the Hornady web site, but not the ammo.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is it you were trying to by from www.Midsouthshooterssupply.com ? I was just on there site and saw only a few on order. Most every thing was in stock. They have been working on there web site for along time at Hornady. I will call Lonnie tomorrow at Hornady

one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW--I went to hornady's website. On the front page they list alot of their products and I don't see the interbond listed. Something funny is going on---with the success ofthe bullet I really wonder. Only thing I can think of is that in some of their ads they stated the inter bond "would never ever" come apart. I thought even if the bullet is 99.99999% perfect they will see a challenge on it someday. Maybe someday is here.

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
The interbond has a reputation of pancaking. I'm hoping Hornady stopped making this bullet so that they can make improvements. We'll see.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I might be dumb but what is "pancaking"?

Posts: 315 | Location: SOUTHEAST USA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SAKO75....pancaking is "flattening out" on impact

Posts: 134 | Location: Eastern,USA | Registered: 03 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've read several accounts of the Interbond on game........everyone has reported excellent performance, no one has mentioned pancaking..............yeah, maybe if you're going to get crazy and use it at 3300 + fps........but no one needs to do that. That's just "silliness"

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I just called Hornady. They have discontinued a very few specific item #'s of loaded ammo. They have not discontinued making the ammo or the bullets.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

FWIW--I went to hornady's website. On the front page they list alot of their products and I don't see the interbond listed. Something funny is going on---with the success ofthe bullet I really wonder. ...<snip>.....

I just don't think Hornady has updated their web site. I was just on their web site and the Online Catalog still says 2003. I've noticed that a lot of firearms-related companies really don't do a very good job of keeping their web sites up-to-date. I just don't think their corporate culture is attuned to the Internet. Older companies with more embedded management and cultures tend to take longer to change with the times. Also, smaller companies just may not have the time and/or resources to stay on top of web site updating.

Just my two cents worth...
-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote