Tools

Hunting rigs. Whatcha drive?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
This is my new "get to the ranch so I can hunt" rig

And this is my "now let's hunt" rig

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
A few of my favorites....

My Tundra 4WD with Foreman in Back

My Tacoma 4WD with "hunting motorcycles" on trailer...

My Honda Foreman 500 4WD doing some fire trail maintenance.

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
What do you all drive for a hunting rig? Any mods or add ons?

Raggedy 1993 Dodge with Cummins, 4-wheel drive with stock tires. It's been good enough so far, 226,000 miles with relatively few problems.

Birds got the paint, should have either picked a better parking place or washed it once in awhile.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14444 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Cockerman77
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to post pictures but a 77 Bronco with all the luxuries of power steering, power brakes, auto trans, and poorman's A/C due to rust everywhere. Think it's time for some TLC for it.

The past never changes. You leave it and go to the present, but it is still there, waiting for you to come back. Corey Ford

Posts: 19 | Location: Way south of Heaven | Registered: 16 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Mine is a Ford, F-350 7.3 diesel, 4x4. Big Grin My last one was an F-250 460 V-8 4x4. Smiler As an aside, I remember a buddy of mine and I shooting a 6 point bull elk in law school and hauling it into town on the top of a Mercury Capri. That was back in the days when neither of us had a truck. My "truck" at that time was a Ford Pinto! clap

One of Us
Picture of garretttodd
posted Hide Post

Those who pound their swords into plowshares will be plowing for those of us who don't

Posts: 64 | Location: Fort worth, Texas | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of garretttodd
posted Hide Post

sorry this is the picture i was trying to load

Those who pound their swords into plowshares will be plowing for those of us who don't

Posts: 64 | Location: Fort worth, Texas | Registered: 10 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of garretttodd
posted Hide Post
This is my uncles rig it used to be a border patrol truck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since I can hunt deer, elk and bears just 15 minutes from the house, I'll take rugged dependability over looks and comfort anytime. 200K miles and still going strong.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by garretttodd:

sorry this is the picture i was trying to load

Yeah SURE!!! Big Grin

Nice RAM!!! tu2

$bob$ The envious one....

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
Early Avalanche prototype? Big Grin I like it.

GM ought to be paying you royalties.

quote:
Originally posted by Blank:
Since I can hunt deer, elk and bears just 15 minutes from the house, I'll take rugged dependability over looks and comfort anytime. 200K miles and still going strong.

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I came up with a new to me yesterday. 2008 F-350 King Ranch. First truck I ever paid for in full at purchase. Now I have this one and my 1997 F-350.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote