THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    A HAPPY ENDING to the abduction of our nephew!!!!!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A HAPPY ENDING to the abduction of our nephew!!!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted
UPDATE:

Jasper is BACK and the mother is now in custody.

THANKS for all the prayers, positive thoughts and advice – and a special thank you to Lamar Outdoor Advertising, whose billboards played a large part in this happy ending.

Words can’t express how thankful the family is to everyone…

Bobby

This is about the infant son of my brother-in-law. Please pass this on if you can.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby
-----

Jasper Kyle Scull, 13 months old, has been taken by his birth mother Shannon Arsuaga, who had resided in Rockport, TX.

Due to one last paper not yet being filed by Bruce’s attorney (was supposed to have already been filed as Bruce was to take custody today), an amber alert cannot yet be declared. But Bruce was to pick up his son this evening, and when he arrived, he was told that Shannon had “left on a bus with the baby.” Her destination is not known, but she had already been perceived as a flight risk, and this behavior is something the family had been fearing.

The Rockport, TX police department is awaiting the one final paper before they can proceed with legal action, but until then, if you have seen this child, please call Bruce Scull at 361-676-7193.

Thanks in advance. I will update as soon as I know more.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Oh no....

I really hope this is resolved for the sake of everyone, especially the child.

~Ann

Posts: 19250 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Oh my Lord Bobby,

That is truly sad news. Any idea where she might have gone? Family or friends out of state, or places the mother's been to before that she might be familiar with?

Prayers are up for all of you.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Her destination is anyone's guess right now. She told her mother Galveston and told another person Dallas, but I doubt either of those were true. The date/time for Bruce to pick Jasper up had been set for days now, and she knew he'd be there with legal papers in hand.

Here is a photo of the birth mother (Shannon Arsuaga). Below that is photo of Jasper, this time with Bruce just before Christmas, and another of him playing on the floor.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9377 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 22 month old grandson who we care for several days a week. It would literally devastate me if something like that happened.
My prayers go out to you and yours.
Best
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
I'll be sure to keep my eyes open - we get people coming through West Point all the time.

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear this Bobby.I sure hope & Pray the little Guy will be OK.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My prayers are with you and your's.

Joe A.

Posts: 151 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 06 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Bobby

Hope all comes out fine.

Have your son mention the term malpractice to his attorney if he indeed failed to file the proper paperwork on time and that was one reason this happened.

Might spur the attorney to be a little more helpful with the search.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4244 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Louis-

The paperwork, which should have been filed well before the scheduled pickup the other evening, was not done until late yesterday. And because Shannon was due to have Jasper this weekend, the police cannot treat this as a missing person/abduction until tomorrow (Sunday) at 6:00.

At this point, no one has seen or heard anything.

And rest assured that attorney is not exactly on Bruce's Christmas card list at the moment. But right now the only thing on his mind is getting Jasper back safe and sound. I probably shouldn't give specifics and so I won't, but let's just say that because of Shannon's past history and some recent events, we are truly concerned about what she may do.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
There are unconfirmed reports that she is now in either California or Oregon and possibly attempting to get to Everett, Washington.

Some disturbing information has come to light during this ordeal. Let's just say this was not her first rodeo when it comes to taking a child and running. She has another child who is now 13. Reports indicate a judge deemed her unfit to raise the child and awarded custody to her parents. She abducted the child and disappeared and, from what I have heard, was arrested in Everett, WA for that offense.

Apparently another child of her's died in infancy in what appears to have been a drowning.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
Bobby, we'll keep all eyes open here just in case. I can't even imagine what your family is going thru. Thoughts and prayers to you all for his safe return!

" If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countryman " Samuel Adams, 1772

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
TTT - with prayers.

friar

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too will say a prayer for his safe return. Let me know if you think she's coming through central CA and I'll send this to my friends/family.

Red

My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.
-Winston Churchill

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Dago Red-

There is reason to believe Sacramento and San Bernadino are prime stopping possibilities due to whom we believe she is traveling with. There is also reason to believe she may be a passenger in a late model white van.

Thanks for passing this on...

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

How goes the legal battle to get the amber alert issued?

Any chance you have a make, model, year, and license plate on that van?

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

Thanks for the updates, prayers continue.

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby, she has history with CPS.Let me know if I can do anything.

Posts: 326 | Location: Mabank, TX | Registered: 23 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Our prayers are with your family and the child.

Posts: 41872 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am circulating this to friends here in Washington.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I work in a network of 1st responders etc and I reside on Hwy 101...coastal california...will be discussing and looking.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the child now officially listed as missing?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Charlie-

Yes, he is. A case # has been issued, and a warrant has been issued for her arrest. It's just that the Victoria County Sheriff's Dept seems to have no interest in pursuing the matter. The city of Rockport kicked the file back to Victoria since that's where all the official paperwork regarding the custody had been filed.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep working at it in every way !
I'll be praying for the child.

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
There are indications she has holed up somewhere in California -- no specific location that we know of, however. Nothing really new to report other than that.

All the prayers and positive thoughts are much appreciated. And if you see Shannon or Jasper, please do not approach but report it to your local authorities as warrants should be in the system nationwide. We fear that if she knows she's busted, she will flee again.

On a sad side note, about an hour ago we learned that Jasper's great aunt -- on his father's side -- passed away suddenly early this evening.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Here is the "official" poster. Thanks to all...

http://www.missingkids.com/mis...CMC&searchLang=en_US

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Just forwarded the link to approriate social agencies, police, and area schools.

God bless,

friar

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Alan Reeder at Lamar Outdoor Advertising (Austin, TX) for putting together this artwork and getting it onto digital billboards and bulletins.

AR Forum member Dempsey put me in touch with Alan, who graciously donated his company's services.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Jasper is BACK and the mother is now in custody.

THANKS for all the prayers, positive thoughts and advice – and a special thank you to Lamar Outdoor Advertising, whose billboards played a large part in this happy ending.

Words can’t express how thankful the family is to everyone…

Bobby

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
After my week, it's great to see some happy news! dancing

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I would be remiss without thanking AR forum member Dempsey, who put me in contact with his friend Alan Reeder at Lamar Outdoor Advertising.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ

One of Us
posted Hide Post
THATS good news!!!!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Very glad to hear it.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
That is fantastic news! It definitely made my day!

Go give that little boy a big hug from all of us!

Thanks for posting the update.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done and congratulations.
Prayers answered.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Thanks be to God!

No doubt you'll be able to sleep well now!

Glad to hear the good news!

friar

One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is truely great news! so happy for all involved. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I am happy to see a happy ending!

~Ann

Posts: 19250 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I pray Peace over your family and am glad it turned out well for you.

The turmoil of your children being kept from you is gut wrenching. I am sincerely thankful that this episode is over for you.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends.

I didn't learn this by reading about it or seeing it on TV. I learned it by doing it.

Posts: 729 | Location: Central TX | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very good,now let's just hope justice will be served.

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy

Posts: 237 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote