New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo BS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well I see our state has stooped to a new low by giving 88 bison to our old friend Ted turner who wants 75% of their offspring! What bullshit! Instead of selling 88 tags to hunters we are privatizing our wildlife once again. The only good thing is they din't give them to the indians. Of course being a sovereign nation they could have paid for them and then had them. Once again John Q public gets screwed.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well the truth of the matter is this, NO ONE and I mean no one, wanted the buffalo, because they came from a heard with Brucellosis, so major liability!

With the rules set upon that herd when they were quarentined years ago, there wasn't anyone who had the means or abilities to handled them other than Ted Turner. A collegue of mine actually was a major contributor to that deal taking place and it is for the better of the buffalo.

You should check your facts, because the Turner organization has promised to return double the amount of animals within 5 yrs. Whether you agree with the Turners, there isn't a single other person who cares more for Bison in the USA. That my friend is a fact!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I often wonder at the great commotion about Brucellosis (Brucella abortus) in cattle or bison as the disease isn't "herpes" and IS a disease that can be eliminated by a course of antibiotics (usually two antibiotics in parallel)

If the animals are contained they can be treated,
If treated they can be cured.

The PROBLEM is that unrestrained wild animals (most notably Bison and Elk) carry the disease to domestic cattle, where when identified as infected the animals are routinely destroyed.

I cannot easily believe that the antibiotics aren't a cheaper
solution for domestic animals.

This isn't "rocket surgery"

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whats ted turner gunna do with them ?

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mattyboy:

Probably have sex with them. After all he was banging Hanoi Jane so you know that he's not picky.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
quote:
Originally posted by mattyboy:

Probably have sex with them. After all he was banging Hanoi Jane so you know that he's not picky.

Beautiful Frank, fricking Beautiful! rotflmo

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Allan,
some of things you claimed isn't true... the animals can't be cured...brucellosis, merely lies dormant for long periods of time. And you are correct, wildlife with this endemic in their populations are the main cause for transmission. However, the only way to deliver the Anti-biotics, are through a dart, and after 20yrs of doing such, it hasn't reduced the amount present in the Yellowstone region for Bison or elk, so their efforts, roughly 30 million dollars a year is a wash.

This particular herd, has been quarentined, and not shown any signs of brucellosis, for many years however, it doesn't prove for one second that they are not definitively not carriers.

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

jumping

Posts: 221 | Location: florida big bend | Registered: 14 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you got video evidence to support that claim? The part about doing the bitch, I mean?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote