THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Petsmart is anihunting so is humane society

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Petsmart is anihunting so is humane society
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I took my litter of English Setter to show at the local pet smart about a month ago.I was unloading my puppies to the kennel in the back of the truck and about 50 people gathered around to see them.I breed solid white ones and i have both the male and females which are quite rare these days .I was not there 5 mins when the petsmart manager said i would havce to leave or they would call the police.They didnt like the idea of people using dogs for hunting.Which has gone on along time in history.I moved the truck and they still call the cops.I guess hunting puppies are more dangerous than illeagal crackheads who steal and rob everything they want.I was only waiting on a friend to return to the truck.He let me go but it put a very bad taste in my mouth for petsmart and the humane society.We had also bought $100 worth of dod food from the just befor it happened.I did get to take them to bass Pro Shop they are pro hunting and pro hunting dog friendly.As a result I am still stuck with 3 of my puppies .I could have gotten rid of the whole bunch that one day.I no longer buy anything from pet smart!!!!

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get in touch with the national Office and let them know what happened. Try to find out if it is a corporate policy or if the manager was just being stupid. If it is not corporate policy, I'd be paying a visit to the manager and ask him/her what the hell the problem is.

If you were in the parking lot, was it exclusively Petsmart Property? Or was it located in a mall like most of them are? If it was in a mall, I personaly wouldn't have left. I'd of made them call the law and I would have then called the local paper and had a reporter sent out. Nothing like a bunch of bad publicity to make a store manager back down.

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I usually welcome someone getting confrontational, it gives me an excuse... to do everything in my power to encourage them to make as much of an ass of themselves as they are capable of doing.

Call the cops on you? I'd have insisted on the cops arresting the asshole sore manager for making a crank call or making a false police report.

SOMETHING...

I have a very simple personal policy:
People who start shit with me ALWAYS regret it.

I make it my mission in life.

Hey, I've got lots of free time.... Do you?Smiler

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
I agree with MAC. If you do speak with their national office, I'd stick to the manager saying that they didn't like the idea of people using dogs for hunting - don't get into the whole parking lot thing to cloud the issue.

You mentioned that "He let me go" - who let you go? What exactly were the police going to do anyways? Did Petsmart want you arrested for trespass? What does the humane society have to do with this whole thing?

If you see the manager again ask if they also don't like horses because they were implements of war and likely responsible for the death of millions of humans through the ages. Good luck

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Did you return the dog food?

I would have, just to make a statement that they had lost my business forever.

They do have a right to keep people from "setting up shop" in their parking lot, after all, they do sell dogs. I can understand that, but for them to say they are anti-hunting?

This could be interesting.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Do you have any pictures of the puppies? Smiler

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
They sell rats don't they? Ever hear of The Plague?
I'd have given him just enough rope......

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It sounds like you were selling puppies out of the back of your truck in the Petsmart parking lot and that is really why the police were called.

Posts: 12 | Location: Northern IL | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
take back the dog food,and be LOUD about it.then,go here and sell your puppies.
http://www.puppyfind.com/
I sold my last litter there ,and was able to sell to folks all over the country.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didnt even say I was selling them they just didnt want hunting dogs at their parking lot they said because of the humane society selling their dogs.I was just getting people to look at them and the people came and so did the wonderful petsmart manager.I later went to petco and a gal there said they called the cops on her for bringing a pitbull in the store.I swear its getting crazy about antihunting in places.Petsmart has a sign on the front door that says all dogs welcome on a leash .I have not bought anything else from them or ever will.I took my business to petco.People in general have lost the general idea that these hunting dogs love hunting its not a chore to them.My English setters go crazy to go hunting.They were bore to hunt just like me.I have them on puppyfind but because of the ecomany I didnt get but one person to actually get a puppy from there.

Posts: 2543 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Shottist
posted Hide Post
I have taken my Brittany's into our local Petsmart stores and the employees always ask if they are good hunting dogs. I think the real issue was you selling puppies in front of their store. But it may have been just an idiot of manager.

If your hunting dog is fat, then you aren't getting enough exercise. Smiler

Posts: 598 | Location: currently N 34.41 W 111.54 | Registered: 10 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You lying MF! We don't know what you did but you did something you are not telling us!!!!! Petsmart has no problems with hunting dogs.

Buliwyf

Posts: 2627 | Location: Where the pine trees touch the sky | Registered: 06 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What was the point of taking a hunting litter of pup's to Petsmart?

Good God!

I hate it when you get these city slicker's bragging about how great there pup's hunting pedigree is, but I just need a dog to go jogging with every morning and brag about how great the dog pedigree came about even though I don't HUNT!!!!!! or how about I am a vegaterian and I don't beleive in hunting but I got a great spankin deal on a tail-gate deal at the local PETSMART and I think the pup is a vegaterian too.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgr416:
I didnt even say I was selling them they just didnt want hunting dogs at their parking lot they said because of the humane society selling their dogs.I was just getting people to look at them and the people came and so did the wonderful petsmart manager.I later went to petco and a gal there said they called the cops on her for bringing a pitbull in the store.I swear its getting crazy about antihunting in places.Petsmart has a sign on the front door that says all dogs welcome on a leash .I have not bought anything else from them or ever will.I took my business to petco.People in general have lost the general idea that these hunting dogs love hunting its not a chore to them.My English setters go crazy to go hunting.They were bore to hunt just like me.I have them on puppyfind but because of the ecomany I didnt get but one person to actually get a puppy from there .

In your first post you say, "As a result I am still stuck with 3 of my puppies. I could have gotten rid of the whole bunch that one day.I no longer buy anything from pet smart!!!!"

You were selling puppies in the Petsmart parking lot and got told to leave which you didn't do, so the cops were called.

If your dogs were good hunting dogs (which I doubt because you admit that you are breeding for color instead of hunting ability) you wouldn't need to try to peddle them to Soccer Moms and yuppies in strip mall parking lots.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12688 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First I hope the cop laughed at the store manager.

Its a known fact that petsmart is anti. I wont set foot in a petsmart if they gave away free dog food.

If you notice, petsmart doesnt sell any Dog books of Bird dogs or other hunting dogs, No GSPs, pointer, Labs, coon dog , etc books

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Duckear
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you got kicked off of private property for solicitation.

Funny, I have NEVER heard of a breeder of quality dogs being 'stuck' with them. Ones I have dealt with in the past had waiting lists.

ETA
I guess your post isn't turning out like you planned.

Hunting: Exercising dominion over creation at 2800 fps.

Posts: 3108 | Location: Southern US | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another load of dgr BS! bsflag

Posts: 141 | Location: Eastern Oregon | Registered: 26 November 2002Reply With Quote