Find
Notify
Tools

My GOD, the Humanity of it all???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted
Some of the comments are funny and some are stupid.

http://missoulanews.bigskypres...coyote-stirs-outrage

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Hell, if that's all it takes to get rid of liberals in your state...

I have to get me some 'yote ornaments pronto!

I sense a new business venture...

"Piss of a Liberal, Hang a Coyote"

hmmm, it doesn't "sing", may have to work on the slogan.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Flame me if you want but I think it's in bad taste. To hang a critter out like that with a red bow for whatever intention serves no legit purpose whatsoever.

I have shot many coyotes and don't apologize to anybody for being a hunter. And generally don't give a crap about the thoughts of lib-tards. But I do care about how us who hunt are perceived and don't see a need for us to act like jerks and play into the tree-huggers hands.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
Flame me if you want but I think it's in bad taste. To hang a critter out like that with a red bow for whatever intention serves no legit purpose whatsoever.

I have shot many coyotes and don't apologize to anybody for being a hunter. And generally don't give a crap about the thoughts of lib-tards. But I do care about how us who hunt are perceived and don't see a need for us to act like jerks and play into the tree-huggers hands.

Agree 100%. We need to take the high road at all times as hunters. The only ones we are concerned about are those middle-grounders or indifferent folks because the real whackos can't be swayed by truth.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another +1 here and well said guys!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
there is no such thing as cruelty to a coyote....

little whiner needs to move back to the city...

Birmingham, Al

one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Bad form and poor taste.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting comments to say the least.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Durn nice pelt on that dog. Now that's a waste in my book.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a damn nice pelt, so many of the coyotes in this area have mange so bad, the animal actually freeze to death when we have a really cold day or two.

I posted that just to see how some folks thought. Many Thanks to those that have replied.

Personally, while I will kill every coyote that I can get a shot at, unless they have a pelt like that, they lay where they fell.

While in ways it is funny, it does not give hunters a good image. I know why coyotes were hung on fences, and even though Lora and I raise sheep and birds and coyotes are our sworn enemy, that is pushing the envelope a little too far.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:

Agree 100%. We need to take the high road at all times as hunters. The only ones we are concerned about are those middle-grounders or indifferent folks because the real whackos can't be swayed by truth.

Completely agree.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"Completely agree? " That's exactly what the anti-hunting tree huggers want you to do .No facts involved . Earth muffins, tree huggers etc A 1/4 acre "forest" and they are experts.Forest management ? What's that ?
Loggers find a peregrine nest ? They avoid the area.No one told them to , no law told them but they lived in the woods and knew peregrines had to be protected.

one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that so many assume a hunter put that coyote in the tree. For all I know, an anti found a road kill and hung it to get a rise out of people. Reminds me of this classic:

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Erict, whoever killed the coyote put it in the tree and put the ribbon on it.

I grew up in an area and during a time when any/every coyote killed was hung on a fence for the world to see.

Weren't no anti's involved in this.

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
The little bastard was probably eating the neighbor's chickens. I'd like to see a table in front of the yote with a sign that reads, fried chicken for sale.
SOLD OUT early. Wiley got most of 'em.
Smiler

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Same reason we used to hang crow and coyotes on the barbed wire fence; supposed to serve as a lesson to others of it's kind.
It doesn't work; they are smarter than that. Back then, there were no liberals to piss off; at least they were afraid to admit it.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
If that's all it takes to keep the progressive-liberal nut-jobs out of one's state - I think we've found the solution!

And as a "save the environment initiative" - I believe yotes and wolves should be boxed and shipped to every progressive-liberal-tree huggers hometown so they don't have to travel to see the wildlife...

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I hunt predators but also defend them, they are no better or worse then us
Without them, woods would not be the same
I have passed on plenty of coyotes, if I hunt for other things, besides Spring when they have young ones
That is taboo against my belief

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given the opportunity, I will shoot a coyote ANYTIME.

Coyotes along with crows/English sparrows and starlings/sea gulls and rats will be watching over the last human on Earth as him or her lays dying.

Myself and everybody I know or talk to here in North Texas have been killing each and every coyote we get the opportunity at since before I started hunting them in 1970, and we ain't made a dent in their population.