Find
Notify
Tools

Packable first aid kits
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted
Anyone got a favorite, and care to share your reasons why? I was looking at my new Fall Cabela's catalog and noticed the 4 they offer. I have seen a number of kits in the past, and really think they are mostly all the same.

So if you were heading out for a weekend hike and hunt, miles from your truck, in the US (or other civilized nation) but away from communication and immediate access to professional aid, what would you carry?

Cabelas first aid kits

Wound closing powder, does it work?

Could you use this on yourself?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've put mine together myself with all kinds of odds and ends. I got my Quick Clot and Trauma Dex wound closing powders from Lawndart.

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/...=218100115#218100115

From everything that I've read they work well. I would PM him if interested.

One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Me too. I put my own together and I never go anywhere with out a couple of good pressure bandages with attached elastic wrap as found in any good paramedic unit.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was once sneaking into a bass pond and slipped on wet grass. I put my hand back to catch myself and sliced it open good on a rock. Down to the nerve endings.....I had nothing but tape a knife and my shirt on. I cut a sleeve off wrapped it and taped it good......Rode about 2 miles on my bike to get home........My medical kit is ducttape and advil......Anything else will need a satellite phone to come get me out.

Posts: 16 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 June 2006Reply With Quote