New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: got a 6x6 whitetail!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Wife got the pictures developed today but didnt get them on a disc(wal mart)..The hunt was not guided,not even a hunt really.I am fortunate to work in the bush and got lucky and ran into two big bucks on wednesday morning.The bucks took off into heavy timber and I got lucky with about a sixty yard shot into the bush..Picked a spot between two aspen and waited for the buck to walk into it and shot..A little bit of buck fever as I have never had a buck anything like this in my scope before.one shot and it dropped,most deer I have shot with this load do as well.When I walked up I was sure excited.took a bunch of pictures in the dark when I came back in with a skidder to take him out..They turned out very well even with it snowing like crazy.Temperature was around minus 5 celcius.Nice cool day.Area is south of fort macmurray about 200 km or 120 miles.I saw another nice big buck in there on thursday morning..Took some more good pics when I took the buck to a friends to skin out.I did something stupid and cut the throat a bit too high when gutting him out, not sure if taxidermist can fix it or not.He said he could cape it with a differnt cape but that would be a shame..What a season. set up a new cz 550 in 375 h&h for moose that worked great and took a nice muley with it and then topped it off with this absolutely gorgeous whitetail that is easily twice as big as any that i have shot..Good enough that all my friend could do was swear at me when he saw it..Couldnt be happier..Hope to post moose and both deer pics soon..

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Machinistbutler: Congratulations on the great Deer and the fun situation you have to Hunt them in!
Many happy returns of the day for you!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed, CONGRATULATIONS! When you post the flicks, if you will include as many "details" as possible, I know I'd enjoy hearing all about the Hunt.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
way to go--can't wait for the pics--chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Machinist, that sounds awesome! Let us know the whole story. Was this a guided hunt?, How cold was it? At any rate congrats, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote