THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    First Bow kill and it is a drop tine!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First Bow kill and it is a drop tine!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Yeah, it is a little drop tine being about 4 inches right off the main beam by his base, growing down, and growing toward and in front of the eye.

No, I did not know he had it.

The shot was 25ish yards. I was on the ground w no blind, no treestand, and no feeders.

I actually grunted this buck up to Mr with my mouth and throat as the call.

Broadhead used was a Rage no collar. I used this bc everyone said too, and it was easy to dial in with.

I still hate bows. I shot him about 4 inches off the shoulder blade. He was quaffing to me and broadsideish.

I do not know how this happened, but the arrow ranged in and down. I was sitting on the ground shooting flat into him. I could see half the arrow sticking out the entrance side as he ran off.

He went about 100 yards. My buddy found blood. It was basically drips, but it never quit. Then we found a spot that was 3 feet wide in blood. I looked up. There he was dead and stuff. I gave him 3 hours, and spent another hour looking in completely the wrong direction. I actually walked under where we found him, but turned back thinking he was the opposite way.

He was stiff, but not bloated. The arrow punched an exit wound in front of the crease in front of the left hip and low. Again, I have no idea how that stroke angled down. However, the broad head was in this exit hole, and half the shaft in the body.

He ran about 100 yards in a j hook. He died running.
Going to celebrate.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote