THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    bring on the pigs!!!! wild boar spotted in minnesota

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

bring on the pigs!!!! wild boar spotted in minnesota
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jb
posted
http://www.startribune.com/local/27158994.html?elr=KArk...EyqyP4O%3Cimg%20src=

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I going home to load more ammo

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
" shoot them on sight" You mean they're asking hunters to do it rather than the gov't ?? Big Grin What a great idea.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
not only that but i do believe this is an excuse for a new rifle

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
When folks first hear of this, they'll think: "Wow...another hunting opportunity."

After a while of enduring what hogs do to crops and the environment and seeing just how prolific they are, those same people will think: "Why did they have to move in here?"

I have one bit of advice: Whether they are 10 pounds or 200, shoot on sight and keep shooting.

I used to take a photo of each hog I killed when they moved into this area about 12 years ago. It didn't take long for me to fill up every wall of my gun room with 4x6 hog photos. I've long lost count but know that it's well into 3 figures.

Areas rooted by hogs can no longer be shredded. Crop fields can be ruined in a night or two and. And fawns, kid goats and lambs are among objects of opportunity for wild hogs.

The economic losses caused by hogs are enormous.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Missouri now also has a "shoot on sight" policy. They are not a good animal to have around.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I just finished watching a hunting show on TV, and they were hunting hogs in Georgia. One of the "huge boars" shown was a floppy-eared feral with a curly tail -- and couldn't have been more than a generation removed from the pen, if that.

Real wild hogs, on the other hand, are intelligent creatures and will readily go nocturnal if pressed too hard. I guess what I am saying, then, is not to form an opinion on the stealth and cunning of hogs by what you see on TV.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bobby,

Great pix, and great kids!!!
They are having fun.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
bobby, great pix and progression.

JB,
what is the old saying?.....be careful what you wish for.

Yes, whacking hogs is a lot of fun, a source of good meat and a great way to test the terminal performance of various bullets and loads.

Howeverer, they are voracious and omniverous (they eat any thing and every thing) and cause considerable damage. It is my understanding that they can breed at six months and can have 3 litters a year of up to 13 piglets.

Here they are considered vermin and can be taken day or night by just about any means, year around.
GWB

pix of 7 of 10 hogs shot in two consecutive evenings.

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
false alarm.Was an 80 lbs. pot bellied pig.Just imagine the stories if it was a giant hairy one like bobby or geedubya collect

W3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUF" TARGET=_blank>http://www.startribune.com/local/27198889.html?elr=KArk...aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUF

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote