Find
Notify
Tools

Nature Conservancy and Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted
Nice article on the Nature Conservancy's position on hunting and working with hunting advocacy groups.

I would have posted this in the politics forum, but I was afraid it would get lost in the noise there.

-Steve

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
TNC has done fantastic things here in MT for sportsmen. Two projects that come to mind are the Pine Butte preserve on the east Front which has been protected and is open to public big game hunting. Just 10 miles south of here they are jsut wrapping up buying and then reselling 90,000 acres of former timber company lands (with high development potential) to local ranchers and the USFS and others where it will be available to MT hunters. I'm sure that there are some areas that they feel they need to restrict access in order to protect the resources they invested in but by and large they are one of the most progressive and effective organizations of their kind in the world. I for one applaud their efforts.

Jay Kolbe

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LeeH
posted Hide Post
Same thing here in NH. That yellow TNC diamond on the tree outside my back door makes the view that much better, and it will not change. We just had a doe and twin fawns in our front field, travelling from one TNC piece to another.

In the opinion of this hunter, they deserve our support.

Posts: 87 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 September 2005Reply With Quote