Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Bison Meat Hunt??
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted
I have seen a few threads and a few recommendations BUT I am soliciting for recommendations for a meat hunt (shoot) for a bison. I'm not looking for a trophy. Just the meat, hide and skull at a good price. Cow, heifers' or young bull. I don't care. I'll probably have my 15 year old daughter do the shooting. (she has killed a few deer and a cow elk)

Home for me is Las Cruces New Mexico. Being close to home is a consideration BUT I'm not ruling out a road trip and the opportunity to see some new country. I'll travel for a good deal and good experience.

Any recent hunt experiences with details, contact info and prices are greatly appreciated.

THANKS,

and Merry Christmass

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Kyle Wolosek at Devils Tower Outfitters, Hulett Wy a call. He has some meat hunts with lodging and meat processing included. The hunts take place across the border in South Dakota. (715)323-2877.
If I remember correctly it’s $3495.(Cow/meat hunt) 300+lbs of meat.
Includes; 1-2 lodging at the ranch, meat processing; two nights stay in Deadwood, SD while meat is being processed.
I haven’t personally been to the ranch but have a hunt scheduled in March.

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Honkey
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I'll put it on my list of considerations. Smiler

NRA Life
DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

The poster formerly known as Uglystick

Posts: 512 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Rob Arnaud, Arnaud Outfitting. He runs all the hunts on Ted Turner’s ranches. They used to have exactly what you’re looking for and probably still do.

Posts: 3916 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote