THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    A little help from my fellow tall guys.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little help from my fellow tall guys.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GrosVentreGeorge
posted
I am 6'5" and usually weigh somewhere between 185 and 200lbs. I cannot for the life of me find camo pants that fit. In order for any of the pants that I have tried I have to wear something like a XXL size. Now I wear 34x36, should be 34x37 really but nobody makes these, pants. Double XL pants usually run like over 40" on the waist. How the hell am I gonna hunt in those. I swim in them and I am sure they would snag and or brush every branch I go by.

So what do you guys wear. Right now I wear double knee duck carhartts. Don't get me wrong, they do serve me well, but I wouldn't mind having something camo and/or waterproof/windproof that fits me.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah I am in the same boat as you I am about 6'3 or 6'4 and 215 lbs. All of my camo pants are to short on me. They are all right when standing but when I sit down they come way up.

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I'm 6-4, 220lbs, I have been wearing Cabela's camo jeans, they will hem the legs to suit. I also love their whip cord wool pants, light and roomy, but I have wore them in some cold weather conditions elk hunting

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Me too. I wear Carhart pants and grey wool pants by Woolrich.

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elkman- Thanks for the cabela's lead. I had never seen their jeans before.

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton

Posts: 427 | Location: The Big Sky aka Dodson, MT | Registered: 22 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wrangler also makes camo shirts and pants, and they are sold by waist x leg size (36" x 34"). Usually find at C-A-L Ranch Stores here or Sportsman's Warehouse.

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blank:
Wrangler also makes camo shirts and pants, and they are sold by waist x leg size (36" x 34"). Usually find at C-A-L Ranch Stores here or Sportsman's Warehouse.
That's part of the problem there too. I believe they only go to 34" inseam.

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
I am 6'8" and a little more and 290 pounds and have the same issue. I gave up long ago. I get Dickies work pants unheemed and have them come in green and go from there.

I need 38 waist and 40 leg, sometimes a 38 leg will work but not often.

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kings now makes a tall line of camo.
wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post

Well gentlemen, it appears I'm taller than you.

I've never found Cabela's pants that fit though I've gotten a couple of nice jackets there.

The King Size Company usually has some camo items in their fall catalogue. I have no doubt they have something to fit you.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe rivers west makes tall pants. I am 6'5" 180 lbs. I have their large regualar and they are perfect for hunting. Their website doesnt list tall sizes but they list them in their catalog I think.

skog

Posts: 55 | Location: OKC | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think 'skog' gave a good lead, one of the guys that works for my surveyors is 6'5" and 38" waist, he wears stuff from rivers west, and it fits him well. I've got a piece or two from them (regular style-- 5'11" 38" waist) and it is good stuff quality wise.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skog:
I believe rivers west makes tall pants. I am 6'5" 180 lbs. I have their large regualar and they are perfect for hunting. Their website doesnt list tall sizes but they list them in their catalog I think.

skog
Thanks man, I love Rivers West gear I have their stalker jacket and cold canyon vest. For how light they are I am amazed at how warm they are too. I haven't seen any of their tall pants though. I will have to take a really good look next time I make it to Big Bear in Great Falls or Sportsman's Warehouse in Helena. If they make a tall then between them and Cabela's I believe my search is over.

thanks guys thumb

One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grumulkin:

Well gentlemen, it appears I'm taller than you.

I've never found Cabela's pants that fit though I've gotten a couple of nice jackets there.

The King Size Company usually has some camo items in their fall catalogue. I have no doubt they have something to fit you.

Gotta ask, how tall are you?

Posts: 3284 | Location: Mountains of Northern California | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grumulkin
posted Hide Post
About 82 inches.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe the rivers west stuff is available in exteded sizes only from rivers west. I would call them and talk to them.

skog

Posts: 55 | Location: OKC | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 333_OKH
posted Hide Post
Wife double checked my height tonight cause she said I was 6'9" and I thought I was ONLY 6'8" dammit if she isnt right. You got me by an inch!

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Well I guess I "look up" to you guys!!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote