THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    fmj blun or flat nose for using in 3030 m94 ?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

fmj blun or flat nose for using in 3030 m94 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
are there any co loading or making bullets of 150-170 gr fmj fn or rn for use in 94?
BR
Danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not anymore only softs are available...Never use a rn solid in a Mod. 94, they are very hard and have been reported to ignite the primer on the round below it, or so I have been told.

An option is a cast lead FN, of 1 to 20 consistency.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Ray
Thanks for the reply. I do use lee molds @160 gr rn . coming by good molds and powders except (norma or vihtavioury) is difficult over here . i beleive fn solids will add to the 94 versatillity for hunting both smal games and bigger games when deep penetration is needed.I bought a box of barens 165 gr 3030 both I can't find loading data for it and the gunshop nearby has no barens reloading book ro buy, if you have this data ,then please tel me.
BR
Danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny,
I would just use the same load as you use for the RN, they are both lead and they weigh close enough to the same...cut it one grain and work up.

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote