THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Fiancé’s First Whitetail (Edit: and one for me...)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fiancé’s First Whitetail (Edit: and one for me...)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This weekend, my fiancé finally scored on her first (yes… not kidding here) whitetail buck!

We got into the stand early and saw quite a few deer moving around, but nothing to fill the freezer with or hang on the wall. We the weather was cold but nice, and the deer were moving about, including some bucks doing some chasing. At around 8:00am we decided to go and stalk out of our stand and back, hoping to bump into something nice… well, we had no idea how nice.

After only about 450yrds, we saw a flash of antlers through the timber, moving perpendicular to us. We decided to move down the draw a bit, and crest a rise that might afford us a sight of the buck. It worked. She made a nice clean shot from a dead rest (on a tree) at about 50yds on this monster buck.

Now, before everyone starts with the “with THAT first deer, she’s spoiled for life”, we’re actually getting married Monday, so hopefully it’s a good sign… or, wait a minute, a bad one; with her shooting all the monsters for the coming however many years… I’ll have to think that one over Smiler

And, thanks to JudgeG, little Ernest was there to share in Rebecca’s happiness!

(Edit: Added)

OK, so after carrying her rifle, dragging/gutting her deer, and all the rest, I was allowed to do some hunting of my ownSmiler First thing this morning, while slowly walking a thick cut, spotted a very good buck bedded in some goldenrod. Waited him out, and he eventually presented a good broadside shot. Deer down.

First thing we noticed: hers is biggerSmiler

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is awesome!!! Congrats to you both.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW! Super buck! Congrats on the deer and the upcoming wedding.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rebecca ! clap
Short on details ,where ,rifle etc. That's a fine non-typical .Ernie sure gets around !

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Super deer, super shot and super woman!

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7712 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all, have to agreed on the deer and woman. She has taken to hunting in the last 2 years like a champ.

She is even asking me to get her a crossbow for next deer season!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Congratulations.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good googly moogly....

congrats to her..and you.

biggest problem with your wife hunting is the she will kill bigger deer than you, the taxidermy bill will go up, and hunting trip costs will double...been there, still doing it. Congrats again.

troy

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Troy:

You got that right! But, found that one out after her first hunt... its incredible how she has taken to hunting. Anyway, I have to say that I enjoy taking her out as much, if not more, than getting out myself now...

O

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lordy,Lordy Eeker

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
OK I'll ask......more info on the hunt location.....these are exceptional animals!

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Orvar,

Perfect! Congrats on everything.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
Those are both fine bucks....and for her first buck, that is ESPECIALLY cool!! Congrats to both of you.

Both bucks appear to have very similar genetics as well.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much. It was quite a weekend!

Orvar