THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Largest game with the smallest caliber...

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Largest game with the smallest caliber...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In Namibia two years ago, I killed a steenbuck with 32 grams of British number 7 shot at 30 paces off a bakkie one evening while on our way to shoot guinea fowl. I didn't plan it. It was all I had in hand. The trophy went some five inches.

Truth be told, the thing flopped around a bit before my PH put a knife to the back of his head.

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Kevin "Doktari" Robinson relates in one of his books how he once attempted to prick an elephant bull with a 22LR. Shot behind the shoulder, the bullet slipped between two ribs and hit the heart. The ele keeled over shortly thereafter. Years later, he related this story to a local warden who said he would get him an elephant licsense if he would do it again. He repeated the feat.
Beats the heck out of me killing deer with a 22 when I was a kid.

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Uh, how about an elephant with a 5.56 NATO? I Corps, RVN, early 1970. One shot to the temple.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
I once had to shoot a Kudu Cow with a .22 with some Remington High velocity ammo, dropped her with a neck shot, will not try it again

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote