THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    reversible snow camo/regular camo coat??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

reversible snow camo/regular camo coat??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted
I would like to buy a coat like this, does anyone know who sells them and what brand?? to me all camo coats should be made this way

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The most common reversibles seem to be camo/orange, and none usually have hoods. There is a problem with the inner color showing sometimes, and white would be a dead giveaway. There was one company called Sundance years ago, down in Utah, which made a nice one for waterfowl hunting that was white and brown. I haven't seen these available in years.

The best compromise we have found is to use the Predator Grey all the time. Works great in sagebrush, quakies, and then mixed snow/brush environments. Army surplus stores have lots of lightweight white cotton jackets to wear over if you truly need pure white (like for goose hunting).

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
what does predator gray look like?? I mostly want regular camo for ML deer hunts and coyote hunting in no snow, and snow camo for predator hunting and maybe late deer hunting or deer hunting in the snow. I personally think all hunting coats should be reversable camo.

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Laner
posted Hide Post
Take a look at Natural Gear camo. Their normal gray camo is fantastic and although I havent gotten me any yet their snow camo gives me wood. (Can I say that here?)

Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still retarded.

Posts: 99 | Location: Hays, Kansas | Registered: 02 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
Check out "Skyline" camo. I have both a coat and coveralls. the snow camo side is great! There's gray branches on it, let me tell you, you disapear with it. I think the stuff is great!

web site:www.skylinecamo.com

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bought mine at cabelas a bit ago. usually seasonal stock

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Best thing I've used in snow is blaze orange camo. It amazes me how invisable I am to deer during late season hunts when wearing it. I feel conspicuous when bowhunting wearing it but deer just flat out don't see it against a winter sky or snow background.

Nice avatar Laner.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There is a German surplus snow camo poncho - does not weigh a lot and is easy to don over your regular clothing. Cabelas used to sell it, but I can't find it on their website right now. Otherwise, check surplus stores - there are a ton of them on the Net. The poncho hardly costs anything - maybe 10-20$ or so??
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mighty Peace
posted Hide Post
Predator has a winter camo. Looks alright. The grey works good for late fall. In reguards to the winter reverible, I have seen quite a few coats and bibs this way. White winter Realtree hardwoods with the Hardwoods brown or green on the other side. I believe Walls Outdoors makes one.

What I use now is a very thin winter Realtree Hardwoods jacket overtop my good heavy gortex parka. Why spend the money on another camo jacket, when a larger cover shell worked great. You can also buy the pants to match. Or even mix/match. Winter top, with Hardwoods Brown bottom has worked great for me.

Check on Ebay for some great buys on the winter camo shell jacket and pants. I bought mine form a fellow in Wisconson, for $30 US and shipped to Canada.

Posts: 431 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 02 May 2005Reply With Quote