THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Looking for 2013 Texas Antelope hunt - UPDATE

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for 2013 Texas Antelope hunt - UPDATE
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to book a guided antelope hunt in Texas. Please email to jawheeler@bellsouth.net.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
I have done 3 pronghorn hunts with Jeremy Gugelmeyer and Sagebrush Hunts in the panhandle. I e-mailed him your info.

http://www.sagebrushhunts.com/

Bob

This is from my 2011 hunt.

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't help you with your request, but I am curious why TX?

Wyoming has more antelope than all the other states combined. Which means, there are more outfitters there, the prices of outfitted hunts for antelope are cheaper and if you don't want to hire an outfitter for antelope (which I never have) then it is an easy hunt to do on your own.

Plus, you can have multiple tags in your pocket for antelope. Wyoming sells reduced price doe/fawn tags for less than $50 non-resident fee. I've had a buck tag and 2 of the reduced doe/fawn tags in my pocket at the same time.

TX is the "go to" place for some things, but there are better places for antelope.

Posts: 1039 | Location: Colorado by birth, Virginia by employment | Registered: 18 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
You hunt bucks with no draw.....landowner tag

No winter kill off so bucks get good size

Hardly nobody to mess with you....no presure

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pirate's Life:
Can't help you with your request, but I am curious why TX?

Wyoming has more antelope than all the other states combined. Which means, there are more outfitters there, the prices of outfitted hunts for antelope are cheaper and if you don't want to hire an outfitter for antelope (which I never have) then it is an easy hunt to do on your own.

Plus, you can have multiple tags in your pocket for antelope. Wyoming sells reduced price doe/fawn tags for less than $50 non-resident fee. I've had a buck tag and 2 of the reduced doe/fawn tags in my pocket at the same time.

TX is the "go to" place for some things, but there are better places for antelope.

It's within driving distance from Louisiana is the main reason.

Posts: 603 | Location: Louisiana USA | Registered: 24 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ted thorn:
You hunt bucks with no draw.....landowner tag

No winter kill off so bucks get good size

Hardly nobody to mess with you....no presure

And that's a good reason too. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I'd go with Bob's suggestion if it was me

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Bob and Ted both gave good advice. For Pronghorns in Texas the Panhandle is the place to go. Pronghorns in the Trans-Pecos/Far West Texas are declining fairly rapidly for various reasons. After the Texas Panhandle, and it has the potential for being more expensive, New Mexico is the next best bet with Guided Hunts/Landowner Tags.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I spoke to Jeremy today. Thanks everyone.

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
You get...........good hunting!

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Finally got to make my antelope hunt with Jeremy. My guide (Jeremy's brother Jarrod) put me on this nice buck the first day. Lots of animals on the ranch and we even got some shots off at some coyotes. Excellent hunting opportunities and great hospitality.

The buck was taken at 225yds with a 140gr Nosler Accubond from my .275 Rigby. Bang Flop!

My father, shown in the second picture over my left shoulder, accompanied me on the trip to help with driving and to serve as my "tracker". His tracking job was pretty easy and his assistance in the 15hr drive was a blessing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeremy is a great guy. Man do they have some big Antelope!

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your speed goat, looks like you both had a great trip.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was our pleasure having you and your dad in our camp. I'm glad your dad was able to come along and it seemed he was enjoying himself.

Posts: 664 | Location: TX/KS | Registered: 06 October 2008Reply With Quote