THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Where to go for a Self guided pig hunt?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to go for a Self guided pig hunt?
 Login/Join

<heider>
posted
Where in the U.S. can someone go for good action on wild pigs? Even some leads on inexpensive outfitters,Thanks.

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Heider,
At least in CA, Fish and Game claims that about 93% of the pigs taken are taken on private ranches. Some of the public land areas are much below 5% success, but then I'm rather bias....

Have fun,
Kyler

------------------
Being ready is good, being safe is great, being both is tough.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
<thomas purdom>
posted
Since 1999, with the exception of this year I have made a yearly pilgrimage to south Texas at the King Ranch to hunt feral hogs, which the ranch considers pests. My brother and his father in law in El Paso have a huge hunting lease there. However, getting them to allow a hunt would be impossible, however, there are hundreds of other south Texas and Texas ranches overrun with hogs that allow hunting. Most realize they are sitting on a gold mine and charge fees for day hunts, which should take care of a piggie. Now, if you are not in favor or feral hogs, go to the pig hunting site on Accuratereloading and there are many, many states with pigs in them. If you want to try to find a Texas day hunt operation, just go to Yahoo and type in "hunting in Texas" and go to the ranch lease section. I think this outfit charges a $15 fee to join so you can get the actual names and telephone numbers for the ranches. Hope this has been of help. Tom Purdom

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got some info on hog hunting in California on my webpage at http://www.jesseshuntingpage.com/calhog.html

Check out the Tejon Ranch section on the webpage, they have a Pig-O-Rama every couple of months for $300.00. It's unguided on a huge ranch from Friday until Sunday evening with the biggest hog in the 3 zones winning $500.00.

This is probably the best unguided hunt in California with success running about 40%. Other public land hunts are much tougher with a very small success rates. Private hog ranches run about $400.00 for a hog.

------------------
~spectr17

Jesse's Hunting Page and Gear Review

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
South western Washington, from Olympia south and west has a problem with pigs. The landowners don't want them around and there is no season or tags required. As a non resident you may need something to carry a gun and shoot an animal. There has been a push to get them shot out. The vegetation is thick and wet and I would imagine the hunting would be tough. Havent tried it myself so cant tell you the success. Contact the WA fish and game and I am sure they would give you some advice.

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Slamfire>
posted
Here in TN we have some pretty good spots, the State recognizes some areas as containing decendants of Russian Boars, and others as "feral" hogs. The boars have a season and require tags, the hogs don't. The South Cherokee WMA may be the best area for the "boars". It sure is the biggest.

<Orion>
posted
to australia

wedmannsheil

martin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a two day hog hunt for $395.00 and you can shoot all the hogs you can in that time period..usually about 6 to 8 in two days depending on the weather...A lodge is furnished and you can do your own cooking or we will provide food or a cook or both for a nominal fee....Near Del Rio, Texas...another $100 bucks or so will get you a Javalina hog and you can also shoot all the coyotes you see...

------------------
Ray Atkinson

ray@atkinsonhunting.com
atkinsonhunting.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
The Central Coast of california has some of the best wild boar hunting in the Western United States. The animals are plentiful, non resident licenses are cheap, and the tags are available for about $10 for a book of five. The season is 365 days a year, with no limit.

Lots of animals with heavy Russian influence. The problem is, even for us locals, we have a hard time find anything on public land. It's better to stick with a guide to make the most of your visit.

My favorite is that guy above, Kyler Hamann(I've used several) his wesite is at www.boaring.com

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote