Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Boots
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
NEVER Shop at R.E.I.!!! They Donate to PETA!!!

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whites---Spokane WA.

Posts: 3811 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"my lung specilist doctor who says I have to walk a mile a day or 5 says cowboy boots are as good as any"

If your doctor says this, I would look for another doctor. I have one pair of cowboy boots. If I took them hunting, I'd probably have my feet amputated

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slider:
NEVER Shop at R.E.I.!!! They Donate to PETA!!!

Vista outdoor - federal ammo owner sold savage firearms so that REI amd other retailers would start reselling camelback and other products owned by vista that REI would no longer carry as long as it made and sold guns.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have lived and hunted here in Colorado for over 40 years. I have hunted at -10 deg. F and over 90 deg., snow well above my knees, mud, rain, etc. Don't try to make one pair of boots do it all. I usually take 2-3 pairs to camp, felt lined pacs, regular leather hunting boots and knee high rubber boots. It is better to have them and not need them then the opposite.
C.G.B.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
The Crispi Idaho looks like a great boot for the desert, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu_nn9oAWN8

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
"my lung specilist doctor who says I have to walk a mile a day or 5 says cowboy boots are as good as any"

If your doctor says this, I would look for another doctor. I have one pair of cowboy boots. If I took them hunting, I'd probably have my feet amputated

There are cowboy boots...then there are cowboy boots. Wink Have worn nothing else my whole life and hunted all over the globe. Me and my boots just spent 3 weeks in Zim tracking ele. The same will accompany me this fall on upland bird hunts as well as whitetail hunting.

Also wear them to work all day both outpatient and in the OR. tu2

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t doubt you Ledvm. I’ve never been a big fan but that’s just me.

I actually have a pair of Justin boots. They are actually comfortable (for cowboy boots).

I wear my Meindl boots year round. Personal preference, nothing more!

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott Powell
posted Hide Post
I have worn meindls for years, both the Perfect Hunters and the Alaskan Mountain hunters. Last winter at the SCI convention I checked out and ended up buying a pair of Kennetrek Orthopedic boots with the steel plates on both side for ankle support. They have turned out to be the best boots I have ever worn as to comfort and support...

They are pricey at near $600.00 a pair but with all the titanium in my left leg and ankle, they are worth every penny to me....

"At least once every human being should have to run for his life - to teach him that milk does not come from the supermarket, that safety does not come from policemen, and that news is not something that happens to other people." - Robert Heinlein

Posts: 894 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: 07 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks you all for the great advice and ideas! I decided to go with Crispi “Idaho’s” I’ll let you know how they work out come November!

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuckmaxman:
Thanks you all for the great advice and ideas! I decided to go with Crispi “Guide” I’ll let you know how they work out come November!

Posts: 835 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DCS Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

There are cowboy boots...then there are cowboy boots. Wink Have worn nothing else my whole life and hunted all over the globe. Me and my boots just spent 3 weeks in Zim tracking ele. The same will accompany me this fall on upland bird hunts as well as whitetail hunting.

I also wear cowboy boots almost everyday of my life, even with my suits. Mine are mostly leather soles, except one pair I wear walking the pup in rain. I just don’t see myself wearing cowboy boots hunting while hunting that requires long walks over rough terrain. Although not cowboy boots, I did see in a recent issue of “Covey Rise” that Lucchese now has a lace up hunting boot, but I think they are about $400.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3458 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DCS Member:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

I also wear cowboy boots almost everyday of my life, even with my suits. Mine are mostly leather soles, except one pair I wear walking the pup in rain. I just don’t see myself wearing cowboy boots hunting while hunting that requires long walks over rough terrain. Although not cowboy boots, I did see in a recent issue of “Covey Rise” that Lucchese now has a lace up hunting boot, but I think they are about $400.

I just can't imagine putting my foot into much else. Today Ariat makes some wonderful soft-soled ones that I wear every day...fixing to head into the OR in a pair now for a long day of arthroscopic surgery.

Since I was 5-6 years old...worn them 95% of my awake life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37898 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote