Find
Notify
Tools

Need your input
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Everyone,

I am putting together a project. Most of you know I work for the Paralyzed Veterans of America and run our Trap Circuit and our hunting program. How many of you would buy a raffle ticket for the chance to hunt Buff and plains game with Craig Boddinton, Ron Coburn (Pres. of Savage Arms and possibly Aaron Tippin (Country singer)? The hunt will be featured in Hunting mag and also filmed for TV. This is the brainchild of Craig and he is very passionatte about making it happen, focus will be you can do this despite being in a wheelchair. I am hoping to keep the tickets at about 10-$15 ea.

Thanks for your input, it will really help me out.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted Hide Post
What percentage of the cost of the hunt (i.e. travel costs, lodging, etc) are covered?

Sounds like a winner to me!

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elkslayer,

I would like to cover everything except taxidermy etc. Included would be Airfare, lodging and day rates, trophy fees etc.
This is not in stone yet as I am still trying to put it all together. Response has been great from our sponsors so I am hoping that some things can be offset by them.

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of wingnut
posted Hide Post
For a chance to meet and hunt w/those three,('specially Aaron) I'll definitely buy a stack. If I win, I'll even build a custom Savage rifle for the hunt.

[ 06-13-2003, 19:44: Message edited by: wingnut ]

Posts: 683 | Location: L A | Registered: 23 July 2002Reply With Quote
<Gunnut45/454>
posted
I would as long as they would let me hunt Buff with my 454 Casul as its the closest thing to a buff gun I got!! But Mr. Coburn would be pleased as I'd hunt the rest of the game with my Savage 110, 30-06. Then me and Col. Boddinton could argue about why you don't need a Magnum anything to hunt Africa!! [Big Grin]

[ 06-13-2003, 20:08: Message edited by: Gunnut45/454 ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
The winner will definitely have a great time! I was fortunate enough to hunt with Both Craig and Ron a few weeks ago at hy hunting camp in Texas hill country and I have not had as much fun in years. They are both great guys and they really believe in what we are doing, our only source of funding is through private individuals and sponsors and they really push hard to help us.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Definately sounds like a winner.

Posts: 513 | Location: MO | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gunnut45/454,

Craig Boddington is now a 2 star general

Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post
How is he a 2 star general?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwhunter:
Craig Boddington is now a 2 star general

He passed through BG (1-star) awfully fast....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug-

I apologize for not making it out to the DU Festival to meet you.

As I told you by email, yours is an organization that I support. I'd be happy to buy a ticket or three.

Let me know when the details are ironed out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll buy tickets.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As a reipient of a spinal injury, compresion fracture of L4 & L5 + rupture of the disc between, in the line of duty in the USMC I would definiately buy a ticket to aid veterans who did not recover as well as I.

I would like to know if the hunt will be on a private game farm so as not to be restricted to the .375 as the minimum caliber. I would prefer to hunt with my .300 WSM firing 180 gr FailSafes. If Ted Nugent can do buffs with a 10mm Glock pistol ........

Posts: 285 | Location: Alabama | Registered: 01 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Kudu56 and Coldbore,

I am not sure how he got the second star so quickly I have not asked him or seen any reference to it written anywhere.

Doug

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Put me down for 10 tickets. In regards to Gen. Boddington's 2nd star, it is quite common for general and flag officers to "pass through" the ranks rather quickly. Whereas lesser ranks have statutory "time in rate" as it were, not so for the generals. One of my old bosses for example went from Captain ( 0-6) in 1989 to four stars by 1995. jorge

Posts: 7145 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote