THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Another Dumbass tresspassing hunter shoots Llama

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Another Dumbass tresspassing hunter shoots Llama
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
When I was growing up, my poor uncle had some one banging on his door one day during deer season. The guy/hunter had wandered down out of the woods and the closest house he saw was my uncle's and saw he had a 4WD pickup and a winch on it. So this guy bangs on the door and told my uncle he had shot " the biggest dam deer" anyone ever saw, and that he would be more than happy to pay my uncle to go up in his truck with him and retrieve it down to the road and take it to the butcher.

This was back in the mid 1960s. So more out of curiosity than anything else my uncle agreed to. Once they got to the location of the "deer" there lay one of my uncle Black Angus Bulls laying freshly dead.

The hunter survived but my uncle took the rifle away from him and let him walk back to the road and then let him find his own way home as he was not going to let him use his telephone.

After calling the State Police office, this county is so rural it does not ever afford the price of a county sheriff, my uncle went down to the local hardware store, and bought all the white wash that they had in stock.

This is the funny part; This was the third black angus my uncle had seen shot in two years on his farm by people wandering around, getting lost and oblivious to whose property they were on.

Since my uncle had previously had dairy cattle, he still had the barn and automatic milking system there but not being used. So he herded all of the cattle he had into that barn and then individually painted the word "COW" on the side of each cow he had until he ran out of paint.

The poor guy is 77 years old now, but no one in the family still ever lets him live down that little act of anger he had about some idiot shooting one of his bulls...

cheers and happy holidays
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What is wrong with blasting beef steers out in the field? I've done it a few times, but I did pay the farmer the prevailing market price for beef (back then between $0.45 $0.55 per pound on the hoof). Never had any of the farmers get too pissed off about it. Heck it all pays the same (actually better since there was no transportation costs). Haven't done that for 20 years, now I want to go steer huntin' again. Maybe I'll pay one of my cousin's farms a visit this Christmas !!

Of course I knew they weren't deer.

Still waiting, what does llama taste like.

ASS_CLOWN

Posts: 1673 | Location: MANY DIFFERENT PLACES | Registered: 14 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Quote:

When I was a kid people shot Jersey cows thinking they were deer!

Well, since Jersey's are milk cows and have huge milk sacs, those dumb hunters must have thought that the DOE, was the best milker in the deer herd. What a bunch of dumbasses.

one of us
posted Hide Post

Of course I knew they weren't deer.

Still waiting, what does llama taste like.

ASS_CLOWN

Well I am only passing this on to answer the question, so this is only heresay: but Llama tastes half way between chicken and Cold, Burnt Left Over Ass Clown, that is about a week old. Hope that gives you an idea?

Happy Holidays

seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
a buddy of mine had his horse shot during deer season

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote