New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why I Love Colorado!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I took these pics (camera phone) about 30 minutes ago, and less than 15 minutes from my house here in suburban Denver!

How cool would it be to look out your back window, and see this guy lounging around?

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty cool!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great photos! He sure looks comfortable in the back yard - must be a regular visitor. Would be a real surprise to step out on the back porch and see him there!

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Can you bow hunt there? One of my friends is very good at finding good white tail bucks in subdivisions, getting some sort of legal access, and taking them with a bow.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gotta love the West!

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable! Cool photos...

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
That's a shooter! Nice bull, how old do you think he is?

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billrquimby
posted Hide Post
quote:
How cool would it be to look out your back window, and see this guy lounging around?

That's cool.

The largest number of elk we've had at one time outside our cabin in Arizona's White Mountains was 34 -- and they hung around until two wolves showed up and tried to grab one of the calves. The feds have been releasing wolves within 10 air miles of our little village, so I suspect that record will stand.

Bears, turkeys and mule deer are regular visitors, too.

Bill Quimby

Posts: 2633 | Location: tucson and greer arizona | Registered: 02 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Austin Hunter - Definitely not in this sub-division, the covenant does not allow it! Besides, the area is FULL of bunny hugging, liberals who would FREAK the hell out!!

Ann - The pics don't show him well, but he's easily 6-7 yrs old. I was only 30 feet from him, he's got great mass, very short 3rd's, right side is better than his left, with the longest beam close to 50". He's a 330" plus bull, very respectable.

I've seen some in this area that are much bigger! If I get a chance, I'll go and see about getting some more pics.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've seen pics like this before, but with some monster Mulies. Do these animals get poached? Unfortunately I can't help but think some people would be too tempted with such an easy, and beautiful, trophy.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
I've seen pics like this before, but with some monster Mulies. Do these animals get poached? Unfortunately I can't help but think some people would be too tempted with such an easy, and beautiful, trophy.

Well, you would have to be a complete idiot to do that, but.....

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And you'd have to be a complete idiot to mistake an elk and a moose, but...

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 897 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StormsGSP:
And you'd have to be a complete idiot to mistake an elk and a moose, but...

No doubt, idiots abound! I hope it never happens to any of these bulls, but its a possibility.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great area to shed hunt.

Posts: 1295 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Yep, sure is a nice bull. I'd like to find his older cousin next year up in the mountains.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:
Yep, sure is a nice bull. I'd like to find his older cousin next year up in the mountains.

He's still there! The one I saw 2 days before the season, the same one I texted you the pics of, is bigger. The one I was on opening day was bigger too!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
quote:
Originally posted by graybird:

He's still there! The one I saw 2 days before the season, the same one I texted you the pics of, is bigger. The one I was on opening day was bigger too!

Well, I should have a tag in my pocket next year. Maybe I might get lucky and punch it! Cool

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great shot Aaron! Really is amazing what you see around here. Last year on my fishing forum, some guys got a pic of 2 younger bulls at Harriman park.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
So I believe there have been several pics of this bull sent around by text. I have a couple sent by a friend.

Do I detect an ear tag in his left ear? I am not going to say escapee because I know the Colorado Dept of G & F has tagged elk in the past... No doubt a bruiser.

Liver Eat'n Johnson

Posts: 5 | Location: Utah | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know about the text pics you received, but I definitely took the pics.

Yes, it is ear-tagged. Why, I have no idea?? For sure he's a wild elk, as are the rest of em in the area, but the G&F just can't help but dart, collar, tag and harass the wildlife.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only place he could be an "escapee" is RMNP, and that is a bit of a jaunt for a bull to just take and end up in SW metro Denver lol.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote