New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Antelope Hunt in 2008
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for a basic Father/Son antelope hunt within a 5 hour drive of Colorado Springs, Co.

Dates I am looking for are 10/11/08 Saturday - 10/13/08 Monday. Son is a cadet at the Air Force Academy and he has the Columbus day Monday off.

Do not need luxury accommodations (hotel would be fine), don't need trophy antelope. Do need a guide that knows what they are doing and will provide transportation during the hunt. Hoping for less than $2000 each for the hunt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posts: 449 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Wyoming and go it on your own. Carbon county if you can draw. Save the 2k and stay at a nice motel in Saratoga. Eat at the wolf hotel. thumb

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Wolf is good - ate there just about everynight I was there. Didn't draw for antelope this year, but was hunting mule deer in the area.

Did get a nice one last year on BLM.

one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
I just finished a father son antelope hunt in wyoming. We did it on our own. We both should have had a buck on the second day.(the one I missed dwarfed the 13.5 inch buck I got) Our longer range shooting wasnt up to snuff. We both got our goats. Me a buck my 14yr old a doe. We saw and stalked goats every day.
you could rent a car and stay in a hotel and still be below your budget.
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trigger, You can e-mail me at caltaylor3@vcn.com. I can arrange those dates, but it is probably closer to a 6 hour drive.

Center of the Nation Outfitters

Posts: 39 | Location: Gillette Wy. | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me and my brother both took decent goats last month.
Got all the way from here to there and back, counting EVERYTHING for less than 1/2 of what you're looking to spend!
The most doable DIY hunt!

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trigger:
Looking for a basic Father/Son antelope hunt within a 5 hour drive of Colorado Springs, Co.

Dates I am looking for are 10/11/08 Saturday - 10/13/08 Monday. Son is a cadet at the Air Force Academy and he has the Columbus day Monday off.

Do not need luxury accommodations (hotel would be fine), don't need trophy antelope. Do need a guide that knows what they are doing and will provide transportation during the hunt. Hoping for less than $2000 each for the hunt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sounds like the issue isn't so much money as time. You can fly into some pretty good antelope country from Denver on a Friday night, rent a vehicle, get back Monday night with three days to hunt.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14620 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote