THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    If it might interest anyone in So. California

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If it might interest anyone in So. California
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This week we are holding the Veterans Wheelchair games in Long Beach. Safari Club Intl. Is bringing out the Sensory Safari trailer, Honda some Atv's and Travis Tritt, Bo Derek and a few others will be around as well. It is being held at the Long Beach Convention center starting tomorrow (Sat). It would be great to meet a few of the folks on the forums. If you make it and want to connect just ask someone in a PVA shirt for Doug.

Come out and say hello to a lot of folks that gave a lot

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is it going on all week, or just the weekend? I live in La Palma, just a coupla miles outside Long Beach.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Calif Hunter,

I went to Los Coyotes Elimentary, Walker Junior High, and then Kennedy HS. We moved my Junior year in HS so I finished up and graduated from Los Alamitos HS (1986).

Now I live in Sunset Beach, CA which is right next to Huntington Harbor.

Have you lived in LaPalma for a while?

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, Shumba, you just triangulated my house! My son starts at Los Coyotes this year in Kindergarten. We live on El Pescador Lane, off La Luna. I grew up in Lakewood, and we moved to La Palma about 7 years ago. I'd sure like to live closer to the beach...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Calif Hunter,

I know the area well. I used to live on Del Serra Circle which is off of Santa Margarita (which is just off of La Luna).

I lived there from about the age of 7 to the age of 15 (I'm now 35). Wow, it sure doesn't seem like 20 years ago, but I guess it was. I had a lot of fun times around that neighborhood as a kid.

It is great living at the beach right now (usually about 10 degrees cooler than just 2 or 3 miles inland), but our house sits on a lot that is 30'x90'(2,700sf). We are lucky that we have great neighbors, because you sure get to know them when you are that close together.

It is a good thing we bought this house about 3.5 years ago, because I don't think I could afford to buy our same house today with how crazy the cost of housing is in Southern California (especially the beach).

I try to get up to the San Gabriel Valley Gun Club every once in awhile to shoot at their rifle range. Maybe some day we can meet up there.

Have a good one.

Tim

[ 07-09-2003, 04:42: Message edited by: Shumba ]

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Califhunter,

I am sorry I did not get back sooner to you, this week has been beyond busy. Today (Wed) is the last day, you may have seen some things on the local news as they have had it on daily. Today Travis Tritt and Bo Derek will be here and unfortunately Craig Boddington did not make it as he had obligations at camp pendleton until we meet tomorrow in LA. Still lots to see so come on out if you can make it. BTW- The Sensory Safari was a tremendous hit the other day with everybody and it appeared to be the biggest attraction as there were lines all day to get inside! Thanks So Cal SCI!

Doug

Posts: 696 | Location: Texas, Wash, DC | Registered: 24 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply. I don't know if I will make it today or not.

Shumba - I belong to the "No Name Pistol Club," and we have monthly pistol matches at the San Gabriel Gun Club every second Saturday of the month - so that means this Saturday. It's a fun group with informal competition - the winners in each class get a trophy each year. It's practical, fun matches - this month, we are Sky Marshalls, and have 3 scenarios on a plane with terrorists. (The plane is just a line of silhouettes and paper plates denote windows - penalties for hitting passengers or windows and the score is based upon score and time.) Our matches are held at the combat range, past the long range rifle area and down the dirt drive.

C'mon out sometime.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Calif Hunter -

I am actually planning to get out there this Saturday morning to test some loads at the rifle range. I will try to swing by if I make it out there. If I do, I will probably be in my "huntin" truck which is a 1991 Toyota Landcruiser with a rack on the top, a brush guard and winch. It is burgandy (sp?) color.

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shumba - that'd be cool. Is a 1991 the new or old style Landcruiser?

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is the newer body style. 1991 was the first year for it.

I will try to get my friend to come along as well. He prefers shooting pistols and would probably enjoy checking out your pistol shoot. He is a patrol officer for the LAPD and is also a qualified instructor for pistols and shotguns.

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
Calif Hunter,

I just got forced into golf with a client tomorrow at 11:00AM (Oakcreek in Irvine). This definitely interfers with my shooting plans. I guess the good news is that I can expense it.

I will definitely make it out there soon.

Tim

one of us
posted Hide Post
That explains why I didn't see a maroon Landcruiser! [Wink] We are out there every second Saturday - I shot fairly well "freestyle", 5 hits on 3 targets in 3.75 seconds, but I sure set the bar for poor performance weak-handed. [Roll Eyes]