Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Mule Deer
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Congratulations. Excellent bucks. You really have me pumped now. I leave for Wyoming the 12th. Antelope and Mulie, then straight to Colorado for Mulie and Elk.

Can I hunt with you??

If you guide, Post your website, I'll pay ya to kill bucks like those!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
that is exactly what i am looking for once november rolls around. great looking bucks and a weekend that will be remebered for years to come.

Posts: 159 | Location: Saskatchewan  | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! Wonderful bucks and a memorable hunt with your son.

Were you using one of D'Arcy's rifles??

Bryan

Posts: 219 | Location: Reading, PA | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
Great Buck

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very very well done. Congrats. What particular bullet were you useing?

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow!!!!! Congratulations!

Huntr

Posts: 88 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 10 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
150 grain nosler partition, MV 3350 fps

I'm a believer in premium animal, premium bullet. It is probably a mental thing though for me. Antelope and deer are pretty thin skinned and most any bullet will do the job in most circumstances. For elk, I like to have hunters show up with premium bullets. It simply gives me more confidence that if shot placement is less than desireable, perhaps we'll have the chase the animal less.

My prefs are Nosler partitions which on elk retain about 65% of their weight according to my measurements on retrieved bullets.

The best performers on elk in my experience have been trophy bonded bear claws, and swift A frames, both of which have had over 90% weight retention.

I still haven't retrieved any accubonds, so the jury is out.

Ballistic tips disintegrate on elk, but blow clear through deer and antelope with very large exit wounds.

Just some thoughts.

Pepper

Posts: 51 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 September 2004Reply With Quote