New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rangefinder binoculars in left eye
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Last year I injured myself hunting which has left me blind in my right eye. I have a brand new pair of Vortex 10x42. Pretty good glass but the range comes up in my right eye piece so no bueno. Is there a certain brand that displays in the left eye piece that you guys know of? I tried cameraland and stumped the salesman. I do have a Leica LRF 900 but the field of view isn't that great.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Until you find what you need, could you use your present ones upside down?
The numbers will be the wrong way up, but still readable.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I’m pretty sure you can find one pankrác

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you'd think.
half the world is left eye dominant.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe this would work for you

https://cameralandny.com/shop/...96?variation=1887456

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1191 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So I talked w a Steve at Cameraland and he said it was a no go. I emailed Leica and Swarovski and both responded. First is out but Swarovski said in the older models they did have the range in the left eye. I do have a Leica LRF 900 but the field of view is horrible. So I guess I will pose this question, if any of you are updating your old range finder binoculars and if they display in the left eye, I'd be interested. Preferably 10s or higher for hunting in South Dakota.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
First is out but Swarovski said in the older models they did have the range in the left eye.

Hi, just something I hope is informative.
I am also minus my right eye and I've been through your current quest. Had no luck however.

Now, re Swarovski older models, my sons uses a set of older model Swarovski EL Range binos. And yes, the yardage readout shows inside the LEFT barrel. However, the small red circle that is placed over the item to be ranged before pressing the laser button appears in the RIGHT barrel. So with this model I don't know if you are any better off and the particular ranging / readout system of any bino is something you should be cognizant of before committing yourself.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2090 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
30.06 thanks for that info. Maybe someone has something that will work and come across this thread. I'm not too hopeful though.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you're blind in the right eye, why not just move the bino over so the right lens is lined up with the left eye?

My dad was blind in his left eye and never used binoculars but did use a monocular from time to time but he passed way before laser range finders.

Zeke