New
Find
Notify
Tools

Okie 8 Pointer
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is what made my day last saturday morning. He weighed 176# field dressed. I took him with a ruger 7MM Mag and Nosler 140 grian Ballistic Tips. Not real big for some states but a good one for N.E. Oklahoma.

[url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=78090&c=500&z=1"][/url]

Can't wait to get him back from the taxidermist.

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Nice buck by any standard. How did the Ballistic Tip work? And at what didtance did you take the buck? Lou

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well doc, I have shot Nosler Ballistic Tips in all my Deer rifles for years, but my 243 and I shoot Nosler Partitions in it. The Buck was shot at around 50 yards or so and had a enterance wound about the size of a dime and an exit wound about the size of a quarter. The buck humped up on impact and took two steps and fell. The Ballistic Tips have allway's given me great results with little or no meat loss, but then I believe in making good shot placement. this buck was shot just behind the right shoulder and took out the lungs and the top third of the heart. If you are interested my load was 65.5 grains of Reloder 19, Winchester Brass, Federal GM215 Match primers and of course the Nosler 140 grain Ballistic Tips. this has been a very accurate load in my rifle.

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Handloader, I have always had great luck with NBTs in several calibers; however, there are many who have not. I use them in my 7-08 and have had great results from 15 yds to 300. I was just wondering how they worked at 7 mag velocities. Thanks for the info., Lou

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Rob1SG
posted Hide Post
Nice Buck in any State and a Trophy in NE Oklahoma. I hunt in the Atoka area and I would have shot that deer no question. Congradulations

Posts: 1111 | Location: Edmond,OK | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a beaut of a buck! That is a trophy in my book!