New
Find
Notify
Tools

p offed with oregon
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Found out yeasterday I missed oregon deadline for applications.I applied last year, did not recieve booklet this year. All other states I apply in sent booklets. My May huntingfool, was late. That reminds me when the applications are due.This year I planned to only apply 3 states.Colorado, and Wyoming sent applications automacticly, but not oregon.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Relying on a government bureaucracy to do their job correctly usually results in disappointment, as you have learned firsthand.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
I'm a fourth-generation Oregonian, and I've been hunting here since 1972 for deer, elk, etc. I've been seriously "p-offed" with the Oregon F&G department for the last dozen years, and for a whole host of reasons. Quite frankly, I don't think the ODF&W can do much of anything right, and the quality and quantity of hunting opportunities we have here has been in serious decline since I started hunting as a teenager.

To put it in the most basic terms, if the ODF&W was managing investment portfolios in the same way in which they manage wildlife/hunting matters, they'd be fired in a heartbeat. If they worked for me, I would fire them - every mother's son of 'em.

AD

one of us
posted Hide Post
allen, I know what your talking about. I think Washington is as bad if not worse. The game management is worse than none and yet fee's keep going up. It is sad because Wa and Or both have outstanding game animals if they were only managed in a proper way.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Dan in Wa>
posted
Allen and .223. You both have that right. And it's getting worse by the day. Sorry I don't drink that fancy coffee and might be out of the loop. Frankly, .....I don't drink coffee.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What can you expect in a state where it is illegal to pump your own gas?

Posts: 153 | Location: Ann Arbor MI USA | Registered: 30 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To: Allen

As a fellow Oregonian, Fish & Wildlife in my opinion is forced to hire the excess guys that the lottery commission had to let go of.

They sure like lotteries, but they sure don't seen to like hunting.

Like all states now, all they want is more money to pay for their more "Control" programs. Typical government: creating a problem so they can create job security by convincing the public we need them to "solve" it.

Its sure funny how certain people seem to get "special" draw tags every year, while everyone else has to act like they have been given a present or something.

And our decline in deer population is courtesy of the self professed "Liberals" and "Enlightened" who live in Eugene, Portland and Springfield who don't hunt, but think we need to preserve the Cougar population. Especially since they watched (and believed it was real) the Lion King with their 5 year 12 times in a Row.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote