New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming pronghorn trespass hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm looking for a ranch in eastern Wyoming that allows hunting for pronghorns on a trespass fee basis. I've got a 10 year old son who wants to ake the horses west on a hunt next year and the application deadline approaches. We'll use the horses to "cruise" the pastures, then hobble them when we spot something to stalk.

Any ideas?

Posts: 143 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tillard 55 Ranch
P.O. Box 2285
Glen Rock, WY 82637
caseytillard@direcway.com

88 Ranch Outfitters
P.O. Box 99
Douglas, WY 82633 307-358-5941 www.88ranchoutfitters.com

Rafter B Outfitters
P.O. Box 99
Buffalo, WY 82834
307-684-2793 (evenings)
www.rafterbhunt.com

Here are a few WY pronghorn ranches... I ahve heard really good things about Tillards. I don't know about the Trespass fee...

Posts: 86 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 17 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LongCarbine
posted Hide Post
Deertick,
Something to consider, if your son is going to hunt, the legal age to hunt big game here is 12. He won't need to be 12 to apply for the license as long as he is by the time the season starts. Good luck!

"That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable."

Posts: 125 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

No, he won't be hunting ... not this year. But I'd like him to enjoy hunting and horses, and I think a trip like this will be just the ticket. Lots of game, high chance of success, and usually good weather.

Posts: 143 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote