New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swift Scirocco load data
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm thinking of trying the 165gr Scirocco in my 300 H&H anybody know where I can find load data? I seem to recall an add for a Swift reloading manual but can't find the add or anything on the net. Where can I find the best price for them?

Also anybody know if Swift is coming out with a 6.5 Scirocco bullet? My supply of Noslers is running low and I'd like to try the Scirocco in my 6.5x55 also.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have loaded the 180 grain Scirroco's in my .300 H&H for two years now. All I did was lower my normal IMR4831 or RL22 charges and work up. I was lead to believe that the Scirrocos have a bit longer bearing surface plus the jacket material is a bit softer, hence more resistance as it runs down the bore. So I started a bit lower and worked up.
They are VERY accurate in my Sako and in 2001 took both a whitetail and a bull with them. Very nice bullets for longer ranges, they held together well and killed just fine.

FN

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THE SWIFT LOADING MANUAL SHOULD BE AVAILABLE WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO.AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT THEY TOLD ME EARLIER THIS WEEK.
RICHARD

posted Hide Post
Mark65x55,
Using Re 22 in a 270 I found that the swift bullet liked two grains less powder then a Nosler Partition as far pressure signs.

Posts: 21 | Location: Las Vegas NV | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input guys, anyone else.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just talked to the lady at Swift and she said they should be shipping the manual next week. [Big Grin] The bad news is the 300H&H wasn't on her list of included load data. [Confused] I also asked her about 6.5 Scirocco bullets. She said they were in the works, that the plan was to release a .338 bullet next, after that a 6mm Scirocco and then a 6.5mm.

posted Hide Post
Mark65x55,
I can't wait to see those 338's should make a great long range 338 ultra load for deer and antelope.

Posts: 21 | Location: Las Vegas NV | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote