New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado elk/muledeer
 Login/Join

Picture of pdkillr
posted
I have 9 pref points for Colorado would like to plan a trip for 07'for elk and mule deer, anyone know a great guide to put me on some trophy animals. Have been putting in for 9 yrs don't want to waste the points for a mediocre hunt.
Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Do you have 9 points for both Deer and Elk?
Couple of options for you but they all really depend on your expectations and pocket book. You could skip the whole drawing business and look at some of the ranches in the Ranching for Wildlife program in Colorado, each of these ranches gets to assure their paying customers a landowner tag and they get to set their own seasons that benefit their ranch hunts. Another way is to look for Landowner tags for sale and make contact with those folks and see what trophy potential they have on their place and what kind of hunt service they offer. The other method is to take a look at what areas of the state you can draw a tag with your 9 points and check through the State dept of Regulatory Agencies for what Outfitters are licensed to operate in those areas and check with the outfitters Association as well.
Myself I cannot personnaly recommend someone to you as I've never been on a guided hunt just done do it yourself hunts for Deer, Elk, Antelope, Bighorn and Mtn. Goat.
Good Luck

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Johnnie Hamilton:

johnniehamilton@eagletrackemoutfitters.com

Phone: 719-846-3559

you won't be sorry.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns