Find
Notify
Tools

Would you shoot bigfoot?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
A comment made by Fjold about having hunted since 1970 and never shot a yeti got me thinking. If you guys saw bigfoot, a yeti, or any other strange hairy ape beast, would you shoot him, or try and take some blurry photos to pass him off as real?

Me, I'd shoot him, although I'd hate to walk up to him and find it was a kid playing a prank.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Well, bewildered I do not know how many 7-8 ft kids there are, so I do not think this should be a problem.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would not shoot bigfoot.I would make friends with him or at least give/leave him food and cloths,sleeping bags something!Big foots cool!ever see the True story movie gorillas in the mist?I would protect him and not tell anyone where he was..................
didnt tom beringer make a movie about a modern day indian tribe in the mountains-The dog people or something.I wouldnt turn them in either,,,,,I would go live with them and never look back!

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
The way it works is like this.....you empty your gun into the yeti/7'kid, reload, and do it again. When the investigators get there, they ask "what happened?". You say "ask it!" and point at the yeti. They look at it and say "it's dead!"

You then reply...."well then, ....this is the way it happened!"

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Me, I'd shoot him

I think you'd be wearing an orange jumpsuit with leg shackles shortly thereafter because they'd find a way to prosecute you after the public outcry calling for your head on a stick.

What's more, you would be hated by every rural community in the West. That after the enviros lawsuit to force an emergency ESA listing was ruled on by the 9th Circuit which declared everything critical habitat under the Endangered Species Act. Not to mention the U.N. declaring it all a Heritage Area.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Shoot first, call the magazines and sell the story to the highest bidder. If the tree-huggers get involved, hey the thing attacked me and it was self defense! The only question left is who should do the taxidermy? Full body or shoulder mount?

Posts: 217 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 29 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Thats simple, full body mount.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dogcatcher223
posted Hide Post
there is some wierdo that posts on the Colorado forum of Bowsite.com. He is always posting about there being bigfoot all over Colorado and he is being serious. He told me he guarantees that if I drove the back mountain roads in the mountains west of Colorado Springs after a snow, that I would find bigfoot tracks crossing the road. I told him I would shoot it. Certainly there is a stable population if they have survived for centuries!

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
And I thought every possible topic had been covered Smiler

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i may be wrong?but i think if you actually study bigfoot,The indians spoke of him and i think they thought he was a spirt?He only shows himself to certain pepole and he will never be caught only seen......
The indians saw many spirts and had names for them,they were in touch with mother nature,we are not in touch as we once were,we are in touch with concrete and auto exhaust,pavement and indoors living-it isnt the same.if we lived in the woods for years i guess we would see things out there also that we are not exposed to just by hiking a few days a year......i wonder just how many folks have acually seen/report bigfoot that would pass a lie detecter test!it may just be me but i bet there are lots of places man never ventures,especially some of those laural thickets/palmetto thickets that go for miles...I guess if you dont believe in spirts then you dont believe in bigfoot or other unexplained phenomonoms?They took a picture of him and a video and had experts claim he was real what else does someone need besides a dead body?I dont see nobody out there all the time trying to catch him..........In did see a show where they were looking for yeti in himalayands/tibet,and the local guide took the fellows/hunters where he saw yeti and they found some of the yetis hair!!!and the monks had a skull and it was/had bewildered dna that had never been recorded!!!Nobody wants to talk about that! sofa

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sevens:
Me, I'd shoot him, although I'd hate to walk up to him and find it was a kid playing a prank.

That right there violates a basic safety rule...

Be sure of your target.

If you think there is any chance that it may not be what you think it is, why shoot?

For the "glory"? For the "money"?

This thread disappoints me, and just feeds the image of hunters being bloodthirsty killers who will shoot anything that moves. Frowner

(Hopefully this whole thread is just a joke that I'm too dense to understand..)

one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
quote:
would you shoot him

No, cause then I would end up in jail for manslaughter when the fake suit was pulled off the PETA asshole trying to get the area off limits for hunting. Big Grin

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully this whole thread is just a joke that I'm too dense to understand..)

unwind clock,have a mug of piss,it's St Paddy's
day...people are gonna see all kinds of things today. beer

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Besides,there is no closed season on them.Kill'em all.

Hunt as long as you can
As hard as you can.
You may not get tommorrow.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If nobody could find eric rudolph and nobody can find ben ladin,how are they gonna find bigfoot?whos really looked for him?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the taxidermy bill is for one. roflmao

one of us
Picture of T
posted Hide Post
No I wouldn't

Posts: 292 | Location: Tx | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
No I would not I would not be that drunk in the woods with a gun Smiler. Or that drunk anyays.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cold Bore:

For the "glory"? For the "money"?

This thread disappoints me, and just feeds the image of hunters being bloodthirsty killers who will shoot anything that moves. Frowner

Read Teddy Roosevelt's African Game Trails, that is basically what they did for a few months on end. "Hey, a new critter! Let's shoot it and examine it! Cool! Let's shoot some more and take'm home!".

Times have changed, I'd let him go.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Perforator
posted Hide Post
I use to think that I would kill a Bigfoot, and still would if I felt threatened. This link however, changed my mind about shooting one on sight.

quote:

I believe the viewpoint presented in this essay is insightful in that it steers people away from the potential flack that Law Enforcement may give you for killing one, and towards a more lucrative economic/commercial gain from video footage.

Congressional power is like a toddler with a hammer. There is no limit to the damage that can be done before it is taken away from them.

Posts: 399 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
I might wing him in order to get a DNA sample and slow him down for a better photo op.

Wink

Canuck

Posts: 7122 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
roflmao beer

one of us
posted Hide Post
If i wanted big foot i wouldnt need no stinking gun!I would take him out hand to hand combat and ride thru town with him tied up in the back seat of my cadillac!!!!Matter of fact i would love to squirrel jump big foot!JUST How big a feller is he anyway?Ianit scared of no damn bigfoot,hell iam from the south,we would bbq his big black ass down here and eat him for breakfest!Hell if i cant chew him i bet my hound dog will!probley taste like chicken! jump

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Shoot him? Not bloody likely. If possible, I'd catch him and train him to fetch birds for me in exchange for all entrails and a nice cardboard box to sleep in. Prolly make for a fine watch-sasquatch for the house as well.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I whacked one a few years back. Dident know what to do with it. Just left it there. Allways worried about wasting something like that............... troll

Hang on TITE !!

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Cold Bore, didn't mean to upset you buy this. I don't want to promote the "blood thristy" image, but then again, I'm a trophy hunter and that is often frowned upon too. This really was just hypothetical.

I think a dead yeti is the best way to prove he exists . . . or did exist. Happy St. Patty's Day lads. beer

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Read Teddy Roosevelt's African Game Trails, that is basically what they did for a few months on end. "Hey, a new critter! Let's shoot it and examine it! Cool! Let's shoot some more and take'm home!".

Times have changed, I'd let him go.

Frans[/QUOTE]

Teddy Roosevelt may have gone around the world shooting things, but most of it was collected for research, donated to museums, was studied and added to the inventory of world wide species lists. That was how they did research in those days. He was one of the original groundbreakers of the conservation movement. He would not be the type to knowingly shoot any endangered species.

Myself, I wouldn't shoot a sasquatch although they have been succesfully baited with beer. Big Grin

aka. bushrat

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Hell no I wouldn't shoot bigfoot. I'd get him under contract and then into the NBA or NFL draft!

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Only if he was botherin Elvis.......while ridin on a unicorn....talkin to aliens.

Posts: 901 | Location: Denver, CO USA | Registered: 01 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RSY
posted Hide Post
Depends.

Male or female?

Razzer

RSY

The real work of men was hunting meat. The invention of agriculture was a giant step in the wrong direction, leading to serfdom, cities, and empire. From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information. - Edward Abbey

Posts: 785 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 01 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being a 6 foot 6 inch 260 pound hairy man, I am definately going to decline any hunting opportunities in the Pacific Northwest. I might get shot.

There is nothing that cannot be accomplished with brute force and ignorance

Posts: 145 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd be inclined to shoot if I caught him in a compromising position with the wife, otherwise I'd have to see what the thing thinks about whiskey, cigars, and 5 card stud.

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have'nt seen one yet! What would I do if I did, I just don't know.

Posts: 68 | Location: Jasper Tennessee | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea I would shoot it as know one would believe you when you told them you had seen it.............different story when you have a full mounted trophy to back up your story...........by the way for a Yeti I would use my cz .416 Rigby loaded with woodleigh 410 gr softs Big Grin

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Would I shoot Bigfoot? Absolutely not! Consider this. Some states may already have laws prohibiting this. There was a big flurry of Bigfoot sightings in the mid 1960s in california. There wer a few intrepid hunters that went looking for him. Gool old liberal California passed a law making it illegal to kill a Bigfoot. Seems they felt he might be a human form of life and said killing one would be murder. Essentially, they made it a protected species.
There is a fellow on the Marlin Owners web site (not affiliated with Marlin) that has done a lot of work trying to chase down Bigfoot sightings. At one time, he was eager to shoot one. Now, he's not so sure it's a good idea.
I lived for many years in Northern california and hunted the Northwester corner of the state for most of my teen and adult years until I escaped in 1970 to a more "civilized" way of life, IE, not having to put up with liberal BS.
Some of that country uis so thick that it makes hair on a dog look like open territory. If Bigfoot really is in there, you're gonna play unholy hell trying to find one.
FWIW, there have been sightings even down here in Arizona. I personally know one fellow who swears he saw on up north of Roosevelt lake while on an extended hike. Now that's a pretty wide open area, but I sure ain't gonna call him a liar.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dave Jenkins
posted Hide Post
Here is a yarn that involves Mr. Roosevelt and Mr. S-quatch.
Bauman Story
for your reading pleasure

Posts: 569 | Location: VA, USA | Registered: 22 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course I would shoot a sasquatch, then you will have the biggest bragging rights ever!

Posts: 31 | Location: Nipawin, Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: 16 September 2002Reply With Quote