Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming Road Rage
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of gbanger
posted Hide Post
Snellstorm, you said your brother didn't spot some of the antelope in broad daylight. What if the incident took place early that morning before light? I doubt I could make much of a hand with a ball pein in the dark. That said, he should have called.

Gpopper

Posts: 296 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
transportation of firearms In a commercial vehicle is not illegal. every state has different laws regarding transport being in a commercial truck has nothing to do with it.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stillbeeman:
Pretty gross picture but a whole lot of assigning blame and assumptions by a whole lot of folks that are dealing from a short stack of information. 'Course I've never notice the AR contributors to be shy about making a rush to judgement.

I agree 100%.....ranchers hate antelope, and there's shitpiles of 'em out there. Whoever keeps posting about skidding to avoid them is a jackass......that many could be hit daily and it wouldn't dent the population.

What do we have a bunch of candy-ass PETA infiltrators here? Get a friggin' clue.....you sound like a bunch of whining girls...."ew, the carnage...disgusting.....I hope he gets fined" GMAFB!

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Antelope are nearly as common as jackrabbits and not nearly as smart.

Frankly the suggestion that one should skid to avoid them
and potentially waste a truck (Spill a cargo/Environmental impact) would make me AIM for the person spouting such stupidity.

Brake? Yes try to avoid? in all futility, yes.

Frankly when I see a driver, skid, swerve
and actually have an accident trying to avoid a Whitetail or
Antelope I think someone should club the DRIVER with a tire iron to put them out of OUR misery.

In my years on the road (in my personal vehicle)
I have yet to have a tree, utility pole or culvert jump in front of my truck while attempting to avoid a whitetail, yet I see people hit those instead of the deer all the time...

The damned antelope will run along side you then suddenly swerve in front of you...

As for the calling F&G? have much luck getting a cellphone signal in the Glenrock, WY area?

And since it IS technically illegal to "finish off" injured wildlife...

None of us were there.
We don't know

This is all conjecture.

Yet some are getting real heated about a situation you know almost nothing about.

AD

If I provoke you into thinking then I've done my good deed for the day!
Those who manage to provoke themselves into other activities have only themselves to blame.

*We Band of 45-70er's*

35 year Life Member of the NRA

NRA Life Member since 1984

Posts: 4601 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 21 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
and there's shitpiles of 'em out there. Whoever keeps posting about skidding to avoid them is a jackass......that many could be hit daily and it wouldn't dent the population.

How many is a shitpile? Some areas there are lots of antelope, some areas not enough that a resident can only draw a tag every 5 or 6 years. And jack rabbits are pretty scarce, I think I have seen two this year. No one that drives a truck, assuming it was truck, would skid to miss wildlife. More than likely the truck was a cattle hauler headed to the ranch or possibly a vactruck headed to an oil field. Either way, if it was early a.m. and chances are the driver was stoned or hung over. I don't see where anyone posted to hit the skids!

quote:
As for the calling F&G? have much luck getting a cellphone signal in the Glenrock, WY area?

Actually, unless your in a hole, you can get good service north of Glenrock. I do it all the time.

That's right none of us were there, except for Snellstroms brother and I appreciate him bringing it to light. It is still a waste of wildlife, and any one who hunts, enjoys wildlife, and holds wild things, especially big game, close to their heart, would have some compassion.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure all these PETA trolls that are in here stop every time they hit a bird or a rabbit or a cat or a coyote and run back and render mouth to mouth or CPR.
AH, AH, AH, you can't tell me there's a difference between a coyote and an antelope. Who sez you get to make up the rules? An animal is an animal. Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
AH, AH, AH, you can't tell me there's a difference between a coyote and an antelope.

A lot of difference, an antelope tastes better!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kudu56: If you know what coyote tastes like, you're a better man than me...ha ha... Les

Posts: 431 | Location: Wyoming/ Idaho, St Joe river | Registered: 17 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've skinned a whole lot of coyotes and quite a few antelopes and as a rule, the coyotes SMELL better than the goats. They ain't called goats for nothing. Smiler