New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moose poached!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I heard today from a county deputy that the Captain of the Big Horn County Wy. search and rescue, was recently cited for shooting a bull moose out of the area for which he was permitted. He had drawn a tag for near Jackson Wy., and shot the bull in the Big Horns. What a crock! Poaching plain and simple. Not sure what he was cited for yet. I wonder how often this happens and no one gets caught?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I wonder how often this happens and no one gets caught?

it happens several times every day, in every state - and the poacher usually gets away!

Posts: 678 | Location: lived all over | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
I heard today from a county deputy that the Captain of the Big Horn County Wy. search and rescue, was recently cited for shooting a bull moose out of the area for which he was permitted. He had drawn a tag for near Jackson Wy., and shot the bull in the Big Horns. What a crock! Poaching plain and simple. Not sure what he was cited for yet. I wonder how often this happens and no one gets caught?

this guy wasn't related to BBBeavis was he?

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got back from an unsuccesful moose hunt in 37 north west of Jackson with a friend that had a tag. I by no means suport what he did but, the area was over run with Idaho hunters that with out question were hunting on the wyo. side. they'll flat out tell ya that Wyo. G&F never come over there. In 13 days of hunting he saw 4 cows and 2 calves. No bulls. 2 other hunters were in the area and only 1 had seen a small bull that he had passed on.
The state of big game in the area is sad. In the week I was there I never saw an elk and just a couple of doe deer that were about a mile back in the middle fork of boone Cr.. I know the wolves aren't hepling but the costant flow of Idaho hunters isn't either.
This isn't ment as a slam to all Idaho hunters just the slops that are crossing the line.
I've talked to a couple of our local wardens and will be going to G&F in Cheyenne later this week and talk with Jay Lawson about it.

Posts: 35 | Location: Wyo | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote