THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Not a good endorsement choice for SCI

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not a good endorsement choice for SCI
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.adn.com/2013/11/26/...fines-apologize.html

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Hope they earned a lifetime ban from SCI.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
I saw her receive her Diana award. What a scumbag. I will say it again, I think the sci record book is the worst thing to happen to that organization. Too often I'm ashamed of being a member.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how they got caught? Some one snitched?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11245 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is shameful and really doesn't help us convince "the middle" (not antis or hunters) that we're respectful and rule following.

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
While it is good that the two "Hunters" are being exposed for what they did, and it does give hunters in general and SCI in particular a negative public image, I feel that a business calling itself "Fair Chase" are the ones that should be bearing the brunt of the punishment. They are/were in business up there and are or should be well versed on the laws.

This woman and her son did not hold the whole camp at gun point and force ANY of those folks to participate. The head guide/camp manager should have maintained control of the situation.

Everyone is concentrating on what the hunters did and the very peripheral role SCI played in the incident. What the woman and her son did was wrong, but in my opinion, and that is all it is, one persons opinion.

The guide crew/camp staff/outfitter, who ever is covered under the Outfitter/Guide license that company has to have to be doing these hunts, is much more guilty in, my opinion and I believe there is a lot more to this story than has been brought to light.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
While it is good that the two "Hunters" are being exposed for what they did, and it does give hunters in general and SCI in particular a negative public image, I feel that a business calling itself "Fair Chase" are the ones that should be bearing the brunt of the punishment. They are/were in business up there and are or should be well versed on the laws.

This woman and her son did not hold the whole camp at gun point and force ANY of those folks to participate. The head guide/camp manager should have maintained control of the situation.

Everyone is concentrating on what the hunters did and the very peripheral role SCI played in the incident. What the woman and her son did was wrong, but in my opinion, and that is all it is, one persons opinion.

The guide crew/camp staff/outfitter, who ever is covered under the Outfitter/Guide license that company has to have to be doing these hunts, is much more guilty in, my opinion and I believe there is a lot more to this story than has been brought to light.

I agree. Without the help of the guides, they would've never pulled this off.

It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it...So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you notice the last sentence in the article? Lots of trouble with that company.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Yes Sir, I saw that, my point is, no matter what the clients did, the company did not have to go along with what happened. For the clients to have gotten the skin out of Alaska, members of the company had to help. As I say, I believe that members of the company are guiltier than the clients, simply because they are aware of the G&F laws.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Sad and embarrassing situation for the hunting community! Mad I hope she returns the Diana Award and they strike her name from the list of honorees. thumbdown

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another dirty Alaska outfitter and another dirty SCI hotshot. Shocking!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Clark:
I saw her receive her Diana award. What a scumbag. I will say it again, I think the sci record book is the worst thing to happen to that organization. Too often I'm ashamed of being a member.

I agree about the record book. People are good but making inches a competition is unethical.

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote