Find
Notify
Tools

A Famous big game hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
If you haven't read his book, you should. It's excellent.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Yes i have, its a great book and he and it was very good.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Thats quite a story, thanks for posting it! Smiler

Posts: 10160 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
One of the less known facts is that he ran the "snapping-in" course outside of Da Nang in the late 60s. Also, even lesser-known, is that US Air Force snipers (yeah, there were some) were required to attend his course before being "activated" in-country.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
thanks for reply guys, in the book is also mentioned a French collaborator who tortured G.Is by ehh, proctology methods, that he also took care of ,but the most giving shot was the Apache.

it was the book by Charles Henderson i read, the book by Chandler&Chandler cost ca 120 us over here,

He used a M-70 in .30-06 loaded with 173 grain sierra Matchking and a Unertl 8xscope, on his second tour he used the M-40 Remington with the Redfield 3-9x and the new McMillan fiber stock.

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
I read his book, what a great sniper he was. I always refer to the "One Shot - One Kill" when I'm hunting.

Good post! Thanks!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote