New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone draw kansas deer?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
recieved refund ckeck on saturday. Did not draw anything this year.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
me too. I put in for region 15. I was drawn 2 yrs ago.

one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Sent app in haven't got tag yet. BTW I hunt unit 15 also

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nope, didn't draw and haven't gotten my refund check yet either..

Posts: 156 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i drew unit 12 2 years ago, on first time. did not apply last year. put in for 16 this year.

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
My son and I recieved our "DEER" John letters and check from Kansas last Saturday!
We apply for state wide archery. At least we have a bonus point for next year. We did get drawn last year.
I heard that they had over 21,000 applications for 10,000 permits, half of which go to resident transfereable permits. That means a permit they can sale to us non-resident slugs!!! I dont know how many of the 21K were non-residents but its getting much harder to get drawn every year.

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I found out on Mon. that I drew a tag for unit 1. Anybody have any experiences with unit 1? I'd like to hear about them. Thanks

Posts: 58 | Location: Charlotte,NC,USA | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I don't know which units are what, but I hunt pheasants around Marysville (north central) and we see phenomenal bucks, which the locals take. First time I saw Kansas deer in a field I thought they were cattle.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unit 1 is in the northwest corner of the state. I would imagine the terrain and such aren't much different than what you see in Marysville. Is it possible to see a small deer in KS?

Posts: 58 | Location: Charlotte,NC,USA | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Unit 1 is in the northwest corner of the state. I would imagine the terrain and such aren't much different than what you see in Marysville. Is it possible to see a small deer in KS?

I live in Kansas and Deer hunt most every year I have seen several Monster Bucks on private property but few on public hunting land. A man shot a nice 16point 2 years ago out of my tree stand. He beat me to it but that is the chance you take on public hunting land, Central Kansas Cheney Lake unit 15. And yes there are a lot of small Deer in Kansas they are the young and stupid that haven�t been shot at yet. The smart Monster Bucks hide and are always hard to find that is why it is so challenging.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote