Find
Notify
Tools

Went elk huting today
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Shot a cow and the wildlife viewing was great. Smiler

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Great pictures. the Muley buck or any one of the meese would be fine with me. Thanks for sharing.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful...
thanks

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Excellent pictures! The muley with the doe looks like a picture you took off a post card! Fantastic and congrats on the cow!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Those are some great pictures.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Any photos or story of the cow elk? Great photos. What camera/lense?

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lotta cool pics!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No photo of my cow, and it was pretty much a typical drive, walk, and glass for a herd, which was in the photo, of which I shot my cow out of. Probably an 80 yd shot, it ran maybe 100yds, dropped dead, game warden showed up, helped me retrieve it, via quad, took his samples of blood and organs, helped me push it into my pickup, and I drove home. Pretty uneventful except for the wildlife on the prowl. We did see probably over 1000 elk, the bull moose, a couple of nice whitetails, and many muleys. Most elk were better than a mile from a road, and uphill. To much for an old fart, a pack frame or a sled. So I waited and was patient until I found some closer. Ruger 7 mag, 162 gr. Hornady SPBT hand load, maybe 2925 fps over a crony.

My camera is a Sony Cyber Shot with a fixed 12x zoom. It takes some good shots if I take my time and the animals cooperate.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the compliments. Here are a few more from this weekend. The one round photo was of buck I took through my spotting scope, proabably 800 or more yards.

posted Hide Post
Wow, it's been 10 years since I moved to Arizona from Idaho. I'd almost forgotten what a nice big fat Mulie looks like in rut. Great pics.

Glad to see that not all of the moose have been taken by the wolves.

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd be happy with one or two of those mulies!

O

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Damn I miss Wyoming....

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3079 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote