Find
Notify
Tools

Yahooo!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted
I hit the lottery. After 22 years of applying, I was drawn for an area 4 WY Bighorn Sheep permit!

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! A less than once in a lifetime opportunity, for sure. I see a new gun in your future, after all you can't go hunting something like that with an old rifle.

Posts: 12573 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
CONGRATULATIONS

For those of us who don't have a Wyoming hunting map handy, could you describe where area 4Y is for us.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Congrats Scott, sure was a long wait!

Posts: 19188 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

I'm really happy for you. 2004 may definitely be you year. Africa an a coveted bighorn tag. Life is good!

Now that you know you have the tag are you any more inclined to make the most of it and let Mr. Porter help you?

Congratulations!

Mark

Posts: 12909 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Lucky Dog! Best of luck to you.

I still need to give you a call ... been busy as anything.

Talk to you soon.

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Fjold,
I've had a run of bad luck with new rifles. I'm going to stick with my tried and true Remington Mountain rifle in '06. I have absolute confidence in this rifle!

blue,
Very basicaly, area four is in northwest Wyoming, running north/south from Cody to Dubois, and east/west from Moran to Yellowstone.

Mark,

If I wasn't booked in Namibia this month, I'd definetly hire an outfitter. However, If I don't get a leopard, I get a $2,000 refund and might then consider booking one. But, since I'm capable of hunting sheep on my own, I sure hope I shoot a leopard!

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scott,

Old "Spots" is very special. Good luck with the hunt.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12909 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Scott. Have to admit I'm just a wee bit jealous! Hunt high, hunt hard and shoot straight!

Posts: 7538 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
SBT

The reason I asked is because two years ago the wife and I stayed at Absoroka Mountain Lodge for a week(a few miles from Yellowstone and almost straight west of Cody). Anyway, we went in to Cody quite often, and there was a tremendous bunch of Rams very close to the road at that time of the year (early spring). I was actually able to walk up to within maybe 50 feet of them to take photographs. We were told that they don't stay at the low elevations very long in the spring.

Anyway, if you are hunting anywhere near that area you have some mighty fine Rams to look forward to, and I have the photographs to prove it.

Blue

one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Thanks bwanamrm, I'll definetly take your advice!

Blue,
You are probably talking about the sheep that winter along the south fork of the Shoshone. That is where some of the sheep from my area winter. I'd love to see one of your photos if you can post it.